Jets GM

April 9, 2016

Post by Jets GM »

Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: April 9, 2016

Post by SharksGM »

Gee, leave everyone hanging just to go to bed...

According to my count, Carolina had 49 ROW and the Rangers just 43 (!), so Carolina wins the President's Trophy. East playoff matchups:

CAR (MET 1) vs NJ (WC 2)
BUF (NE 1) vs TB (WC 1)
NYR (MET 2) vs PIT (MET 3)
OTT (NE 2 ) vs BOS (NE 3)

Now for the fun stuff. LA and ARZ tied in points despite my resting Luongo. LAK had 50 ROW to ARZ's 47, so they get the top seed in the West.

ANA and EDM are tied at 84 points, and amazingly both have exactly 35 ROW. The next tiebreak is most points in the season series:

Anaheim Ducks 3 , Edmonton Oilers 1
Anaheim Ducks 3 , Edmonton Oilers 1
Anaheim Ducks 2 , Edmonton Oilers 3 (SO)
Edmonton Oilers 5 , Anaheim Ducks 3
Edmonton Oilers 3 , Anaheim Ducks 1
Anaheim Ducks 5 , Edmonton Oilers 3
Edmonton Oilers 3 , Anaheim Ducks 4

As you can see, ANA had a 4-2-1 series record and therefore just manage to squeak by the Oilers, proving that ducks can resist a healthy coating of oil. Dallas also won their last game of the season to snatch the top spot in the wor... Central division. That leaves the West matchups as:

LAK (PAC 1) vs ANA (WC 2)
DAL (CEN 1) vs CGY (WC 1)
ARZ (PAC 2) vs SJ (PAC 3) :roll:
WPG (CEN 2) vs CHI (CEN 3)

Everyone was under the cap to end the season, so I am done caring about that shit for a couple of months at least.
MartyFromOTTAWA

Post by MartyFromOTTAWA »

What a final run for the Ducks!

Besides benching Spezza, Backes and Phaneuf in the last game of the season, I made up a trio with Tangradi, Gomez and Silfverberg which (whom?) turned into a terrific line!

Watch. Out. Boston.
Devils_GM

Post by Devils_GM »

Saw 5-4 result and thought for sure it was OT or SO, meaning we would have missed, happy to see that wasn't the case and we are in, now see if we can make some noise.
AnaheimGM

Post by AnaheimGM »

Wow this is amazing. Great comeback but i'm lucky that Edmonton GM didn't show up to change his line since a while. The series against LA will be difficult, i never managed to put a winning lineup all season long against them.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Toronto's playoffs hope coming to an end with under a minute remaining in game #82 must be heartbreaking.

Some of those matchups are really interesting.
BOS - OTT
NYR - PIT
BUF - TB
SJ - ARZ
Crazy stuff right there!
Buffalo LEPS

Post by Buffalo LEPS »

MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:What a final run for the Ducks!

Besides benching Spezza, Backes and Phaneuf in the last game of the season, I made up a trio with Tangradi, Gomez and Silfverberg which (whom?) turned into a terrific line!

Watch. Out. Boston.
Tired of a big season or afraid to take TB in the first round ? #opportunitytobecomefamous
AP21 (ARZ)

Post by AP21 (ARZ) »

Why does the shootout.html file only start on December 18th? Some shootout games are missing.

I have gone over the schedule to count Los Angeles' and Arizona's Regulation plus Overtime Wins (ROW), and each team has 3 shootout wins. The Kings still get the edge, but 50-49.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

AP21 (ARZ) wrote:Why does the shootout.html file only start on December 18th? Some shootout games are missing.

I have gone over the schedule to count Los Angeles' and Arizona's Regulation plus Overtime Wins (ROW), and each team has 3 shootout wins. The Kings still get the edge, but 50-49.
I didn't use shootout.html but the boxscores directly. However, I missed a couple of your ROW because a few games were listed as Phoenix Coyotes and I was searching for Arizona, so I must have subbed in a couple of playoff losses instead.
AP21 (ARZ)

Post by AP21 (ARZ) »

Can we move my team to Quebec, already? That'll be "QUE".
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

AP21 (ARZ) wrote:Can we move my team to Quebec, already? That'll be "QUE".
I'm down with that. Que pasa?

Also I inadvertently counted preseason games, so my math on ANA/EDM was wrong. ANA had 36 ROW to EDM's 32. That is a much less dramatic result so I'm not going to edit the original math. Same with NYR, it was 47 ROW to Carolina's 48, so actually something of a nailbiter.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Congrats to everyone who made the playoffs. Too bad we can't all get a trophy. :P

Tough for EDM and TOR, especially Mike, who's been toughing it out for a long time now.

Thanks to everyone who made for another fun and interesting regular season. I know things get a bit slow now for non-playoff teams, but at least you have the draft to look forward to. Speaking of which, there are 217 players on the CSB. I might tweak some over the next few weeks, in which case I'll let you know who gets altered. But don't expect radical changes to anyone.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Good luck everyone.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

I want to laugh at Justin for Jaroslav Halak's only two wins of the season coming against him but I'm too busy crying that I moved up a spot as a result.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

From the living room of Lee Stone, I wish all of you good luck with the playoffs or the scouting.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Why did you make me search for Lee Stone?! Was that the joke?!
Crazy you.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Calgary.Flames wrote:Why did you make me search for Lee Stone?! Was that the joke?!
Crazy you.
Lee Stone was an original MILFH member. Believe we met in an FNHL league that failed before it even got off the ground. This Lee Stone is my friend and head coach/GM of the Campbell River Storm in the VIJHL. The other one, yes, is an adult film star. I am not in his living room.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Virtual Jarmo (CBJ) wrote:Lee Stone was an original MILFH member. Believe we met in an FNHL league that failed before it even got off the ground. This Lee Stone is my friend and head coach/GM of the Campbell River Storm in the VIJHL.
I remember Fedz. Him and Taftsy were the roster guys before me.

And I have family in Campbell River. How 'bout that.
Virtual Jarmo (CBJ) wrote:The other one, yes, is an adult film star. I am not in his living room.
Like to stick to the bedroom?
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Glad to hear that.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I hadn't realized that the Sunday NHL games were makeup and that Saturday was our last of the regular season.

Great run by all and best of luck to those making a run for Lord Stanley!
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Tampa Bay GM wrote:I hadn't realized that the Sunday NHL games were makeup and that Saturday was our last of the regular season.

Great run by all and best of luck to those making a run for Lord Stanley!
Yeah, I did a double take when I saw that on the real schedule. Then noticed the WSH game and remembered the Great Blizzard of '16, or whatever it was called. :roll:
Commish Bub(NYR)

Vik (Habs) wrote:
Virtual Jarmo (CBJ) wrote:Lee Stone was an original MILFH member. Believe we met in an FNHL league that failed before it even got off the ground. This Lee Stone is my friend and head coach/GM of the Campbell River Storm in the VIJHL.
Wow, those names are some blasts from the past.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Vik (Habs) wrote:

And I have family in Campbell River. How 'bout that.
Read a book recently that "Six Degrees of Separation" is more like 3.78 Degrees of Separation. I believe it.
Virtual Jarmo (CBJ) wrote:The other one, yes, is an adult film star. I am not in his living room.
Like to stick to the bedroom?
You know it.
Adam Burke

Return to “2015-16 EHEC Regular Season”