June 9, 2016

Moderator: SharksGM

Jets GM

June 9, 2016

Post by Jets GM »

Results here: http://www.ehechockey.com/schedule.php

League file here: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip

Here we are ladies and gentleman, Game 7 of the EHEC’s 7th Stanley Cup final. We have a Season One GM versus a EHEC rookie who took over his squad only months ago. Polar opposites, but desperate to achieve what only 4 General Managers in EHEC's history have accomplished. The crowd roars at MSG as the United States anthem is finished, time to drop the puck!

Winnipeg outshoots the Rangers 10-6 in a close first period which saw both teams get on the scoreboard. Zetterberg opened the scoring short handed, but Alexander Steen responds to make a 1-1 game after 1. The second period is all Rangers, but outshooting the Jets 14-7 only get the Rags a tie game after two. Paul Martin and Zach Budish both scored for their respective teams.

Early on in the third, it was Corey Perry’s 7th on the PP to make it 3-2 for the Rangers. However, only minutes later Logan Couture scored to tie it at 3 in the 3rd. Then, with five minutes to go…..

‘Winnipeg circling it around the Rangers zone….Couturier over to Higgins, Higgins shoots! Save by Lundqvist…rebound….SCORES!!! Sergei Barbashev 4th of the playoffs gives the Jets a one goal lead!’

3…..2……1…………And the Winnipeg Jets win the EHEC Stanley Cup!

Congratulations to Ted and Pat on their respective runs to the Finals. Ted, what an accomplishment to win a Cup in your first season! EHEC is the elite for EHM leagues and you have a ring. Enjoy it, know that many hours of dedication from many different people have not resulted in the glory your team is experiencing. I hope to see you become a mainstay for the face of the Jets.

Pat, that was a spectacular performance. To put the amount of time you do into EHEC and still contend like this, it is extremely impressive. Dal Colle will be back next year and your young team gained a lot of leadership. The GMs are very lucky to have someone like you dedicated to EHEC and its future. Thank you so much for being a great boss, Bub!

Cheers everyone, let the trading begin! Season seven is in the books and eight is just around the corner!
Most recent file here.
Bruins_GM

Re: June 9, 2016

Post by Bruins_GM »

Congrats!
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

I quit.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

We'll post rule changes for next season soon, and let folks know when trades and signings can start again.

I'm gonna take a long break after this.

Congrats Ted.
Flyin High Jets

Post by Flyin High Jets »

Wow is all I have to say.
MartyFromOTTAWA

Post by MartyFromOTTAWA »

Hell of a performance Ted! Congrats

Many thanx to Bub, JC, JR and Dan for all the tremendous job you've done for a long time, really.
Flyin High Jets

Post by Flyin High Jets »

Maybe I should just retire now.
AnaheimGM

Post by AnaheimGM »

Congrats Ted, what a cup run from your Jets!!

Congrats also to Bub, you have an amazing team for years to come. Also, thank you for the time you put in the best EHM league!
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Congrats, new guy who showed up just in time to win a championship. I'm going to give myself partial credit for nagging Pat to hire a new Winnipeg GM, thereby engineering his own dramatic fate.
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:I'm gonna take a long break after this.
I'm ready for a vacation now.

Speaking of which, I'll be back in EST for a few weeks soon.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Congrats, man. Epic playoffs performance.

Enjoy the break, Bub. The future looks bright.

Return to “2015-16 EHEC Playoffs”