A few questions

Moderator: SharksGM

Flyin High Jets

A few questions

Post by Flyin High Jets »

I've been in many, many EHM online leagues and this one is the most confusing to navigate and to find things. I have a few questions.

Where can I find the most updated rules at?
How does Free agency work ? ( Have dealt with player agents in every league)
How do I re-sign my own players? (Again, dealing with agents)
How does this EHEC Calculator work?
Does the cap go up or down at all?
Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: A few questions

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Thanks for asking these questions. We've been doing the same thing for so long that it's always good to have someone new come in and point out areas where we can tighten things up.
Flyin High Jets wrote:I've been in many, many EHM online leagues and this one is the most confusing to navigate and to find things. I have a few questions.
Where can I find the most updated rules at?
viewforum.php?f=53
Found in the League Memos forum, under "Rulebook Topics," first link on page. The sections in this link can also add to the answers I've given below; for example, see the rules about Player Contracts.
How does Free agency work ? ( Have dealt with player agents in every league)
I can explain in more detail as we get closer, but it's essentially this: After the league rollover (post-draft, when the file is advanced and unsigned players are released to free agency), teams can make offers on free agents. You send a PM to the free agents account with the player name, salary, and length of offer. We use a closed bidding system, so you do not see other team's offers. You are sent a pm notifying you that the offer was received, and if you are high bid or not. If you are not high bid, you can make another offer. Players who have received bids are posted on the Free Agents forum. The highest bid must stand for 24 hours to become final. There's a bit more to it (minimum $ offers, for example), but that's essentially it.
How do I re-sign my own players? (Again, dealing with agents)
Once the season is over (after playoffs), you can start making offers to your own pending free agents. You use the Calculator (see below) to figure out what salary the player is owed, and decide if you want to offer it. Max contract length is 7 years; however, players coming off their ELC have bonuses (per year) to their base salary if you offer them a contract over 4 years. In the EHEC we do not use options (PO or TO) and no signing bonus.
How does this EHEC Calculator work?
Go to the calculator link, open it to get to the spreadsheet. Enter in the necessary player information, and the calcultor figures what you owe. Dan can come around and explain the numbers if you like.
Does the cap go up or down at all?
Yes; we will be announcing rule updates and tweaks very soon, and it will have information about next year's cap.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Oh, and prospects can be signed to an ELC at any time of the year.
Flyin High Jets

Can't figure out the EHEC Calculator for the life of me.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Flyin High Jets wrote:Can't figure out the EHEC Calculator for the life of me.
Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2NDRo/edit

Scroll down to the bottom of the spreadsheet until you see blank space. Go to your roster page (http://www.ehechockey.com/roster.php?teamid=9) and copy+paste the player in question.

Code: Select all

L/R	Tuomo Ruutu	4500000	1	1983/2/16	FIN	6'2	208	45	76	74	75	85	79	78	85	85	60	83	78	83	77	75	80	78
If pasted corrected (select the first cell 'A' when pasting), the spreadsheet is programmed to calculate the players new salary in the 2nd last cell, titled 'NEW $(M)'.
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I have taken the initiative to calculate all your expiring contracts, located rows 599-608.
Most recent file here.
Flyin High Jets

Tampa Bay GM wrote:I have taken the initiative to calculate all your expiring contracts, located rows 599-608.
So the number to the right is the salary he is expected to receive?
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Column AG. NEW SALARY.
That's the number you're looking for.

Remember that some tweaks are going to be made especially regarding player's greed so this number might not be 100% accurate, but still, that's a good indication.
Flyin High Jets

Calgary.Flames wrote:Column AG. NEW SALARY.

Remember that some tweaks are going to be made especially regarding player's greed so this number might not be 100% accurate, but still, that's a good indication.
How does term work here?
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Flyin High Jets wrote:
Calgary.Flames wrote:Column AG. NEW SALARY.

How does term work here?
CLICK HERE

A. Overall contract policies
1. Player contracts cannot exceed seven (7) years in length.
2. Entry-level contracts (ELC) are for three (3) years.

D. Players ending an ELC
All contracts offered for players coming off their ELC will have an extra 10% added to their base salary for every year of the contract beyond the 4th year, if your offer is for 5-7 years. Contract offers of 1-4 years in length will not be affected. All other players are not affected by this rule.

So, for example, if a player finished his ELC and required a $1M salary, you could sign him for...
1-4 years = $1M
5 years = $1.1M
6 years = $1.2M
7 years = $1.3M
Flyin High Jets

So I can offer a player anywhere from 1 to 7 years and the cap hit would be the same?
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Flyin High Jets wrote:So I can offer a player anywhere from 1 to 7 years and the cap hit would be the same?
So long as it isn't their first or second contract, yes.
Flyin High Jets

Vik (Habs) wrote:
Flyin High Jets wrote:So I can offer a player anywhere from 1 to 7 years and the cap hit would be the same?
How many years for a player like Zack Budish? He's 25 currently.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Flyin High Jets wrote:
Vik (Habs) wrote:
How many years for a player like Zack Budish? He's 25 currently.
He's definitely past entry level so you can sign him for however many years you want (well, 1 to 7).
Flyin High Jets

Tampa Bay GM wrote:
Flyin High Jets wrote:Can't figure out the EHEC Calculator for the life of me.
Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2NDRo/edit

Scroll down to the bottom of the spreadsheet until you see blank space. Go to your roster page (http://www.ehechockey.com/roster.php?teamid=9) and copy+paste the player in question.

Code: Select all

L/R	Tuomo Ruutu	4500000	1	1983/2/16	FIN	6'2	208	45	76	74	75	85	79	78	85	85	60	83	78	83	77	75	80	78
If pasted corrected (select the first cell 'A' when pasting), the spreadsheet is programmed to calculate the players new salary in the 2nd last cell, titled 'NEW $(M)'.

Still can't figure out on how to copy & paste a player. I ended up having to do it manually.

Return to “League Memos”