Rulebook Update

Moderator: SharksGM

Jets GM

Rulebook Update

Post by Jets GM »

Hey everyone, as I promised, the new rulebook is set to be released before we drop the puck on the 8th season of EHEC.

http://www.ehechockey.com/rulebookbeta.pdf

Please, if you have the time, read through the above version. If you found I have omitted any rules/tweaks, please post them here.

Once I have gotten the thumbs up from everyone, I will clean it up and it will become the new rule of law for EHEC. No more searching through old forum topics!

Thank you.
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: Rulebook Update

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Way to go, Justin.

I'll take a run through also.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Waivers start on October 1st. Before that date, anyone can be sent down without having to clear
waivers.

That's not complete. Suggest that you could stack Shawn Matthias in the AHL during the off season and never call him up.
I guess you can do whatever you want during offseason (unless we say otherwise) but there's gotta be a mention of WAIVER DAY.
I think it's either we have a yearly Waiver Day or we simply enforce waivers all year long, starting now.
I'd lean towards a yearly waiver day.
Also, no mention of the 1 week that a player must spend on the pro team upon getting picked up from waivers.

There is no buyout penalty required for a player making $1,500,000 or less
It's now 1M.

A player bought out or released at any time--other than the end-of-year rollover--cannot be resigned
by his former team for anything less than his previous salary, for a period of one year
from his release/buyout date

You can release an AHL player making less than 1M and then sign him 6 months later. It's irrelevant in that case.
What we want to avoid is players being bought out and then signed cheaper by the same team which makes no sense.
Therefor, I don't know how to word that correctly, but you simply can not have the same player on your roster AND buyout penalties.

Veteran Boost
That's a major pain. Any idea on how to cut this work without favoring too much the 4 years worth of guys that got it?
Have no clue for the moment. Might be something to look at unless Bub says he "likes" to do it.

A team can bid on the same player a maximum of four (4) times.
It's 3 times, but we're going to change the whole process very shortly.

The yearly salary offered to a UFA cannot amount to less than 75% of his
previous salary. Players who have spent an entire season unsigned can be offered 33% of his
previous salary

That's no longer what we use. It's 2/3 for the 1st month of free agency. 1/3 the second month and league minimum somewhere around one week before the start of the season.

offers above
the calculator number are subject to the regular contract-length rules

There are no mention of the new contract length rule.

That's what I see for now. I'll take a closer look tonight though.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Calgary.Flames wrote: Veteran Boost
That's a major pain. Any idea on how to cut this work without favoring too much the 4 years worth of guys that got it?
Have no clue for the moment. Might be something to look at unless Bub says he "likes" to do it.
Bub does not like doing this.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:
Calgary.Flames wrote: Veteran Boost
Bub does not like doing this.
Grandfather in the remove of the rule then. Your workload is big enough as is.
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Calgary.Flames wrote:Waivers start on October 1st. Before that date, anyone can be sent down without having to clear
waivers.

That's not complete. Suggest that you could stack Shawn Matthias in the AHL during the off season and never call him up.
I guess you can do whatever you want during offseason (unless we say otherwise) but there's gotta be a mention of WAIVER DAY.
I think it's either we have a yearly Waiver Day or we simply enforce waivers all year long, starting now.
I'd lean towards a yearly waiver day.
Also, no mention of the 1 week that a player must spend on the pro team upon getting picked up from waivers.

Veteran Boost
These two need to get ruled on.

I have updated the rulebook with the rest of Julien's post (the link won't reflect this).
Most recent file here.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

From now and up until the end of regular season, waivers apply like they usually did.
As far as the "waiver day" is concerned, we have time to figure that out.

Scratch the VET boost from the rules anyway. It's more of a yearly bonus such as draft rewards and all that kind of stuff that we're not including in the official rulebook. So whether or not we persist on doing it becomes irrelevant.

Since no one complained about us potentially removing them, I'd be in favor to just move away from it.
It's nice and everything but at the same it's extra work for the guys in charge and the main goal is to stay active for as long as we can. Workload goes a long way towards achieving that goal.

Thanks JC.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Justin,

FREE AGENCY CHANGES
Feel free to change the wording and whatnot if you think it's necessary. I'll handle the official french version of it! :lol:
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

New rulebook is online. Hopefully this helps new GMs get up to speed and not be caught off guard.

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC%20Rulebook.pdf
Most recent file here.

Return to “League Memos”