Another Question

Moderator: SharksGM

Capital Gains

Another Question

Post by Capital Gains »

How does it work for releasing minor leaguers? Is it if they cost under a certain amount that you don't get penalized?
Dallas Stars GM

Re: Another Question

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

You can release any player who makes 1.0 per year or less for no penalty whatsoever, anytime you want.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Dallas Stars GM wrote:You can release any player who makes 1.0 per year or less for no penalty whatsoever, anytime you want.
And in the offseason, that bumps up to 1.5M.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Vik (Habs) wrote:
Dallas Stars GM wrote:You can release any player who makes 1.0 per year or less for no penalty whatsoever, anytime you want.
You gotta show me where you found that so that we can scrap that.
That's not the case, as far as I know.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Calgary.Flames wrote:
Vik (Habs) wrote:
You gotta show me where you found that so that we can scrap that.
That's not the case, as far as I know.
I'm guessing I misunderstood this:
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:5. Buyouts and player releases are being revised. Up to the "game rollover" (which happens post-draft; you will be notified on the boards of this), buyouts and releases will be handled under current rules. After that point, releases for players making over 1M will be handled like buyouts, and a penalty of a percentage of the player's salary will be applied to the team's overall salary.
Thought I'd seen that was for offseasons but I guess it was just a grace period under the previous system before the new one came in.

So yeah, ignore me.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

That's what I thought, yeah. We gave people some time to make their final cuts before the new rule kicked in.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”