Contracts Extensions

Moderator: SharksGM

Calgary.Flames

Contracts Extensions

Post by Calgary.Flames »

New file with all the trades here: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip

The draft still needs to be done in-game but this is an update so you guys can start sending your extensions in. I know some of you have already posted theirs but make sure everything's fine for us to start entering them.

We would like to start Free Agency on August 4th or 5th, depending on people's preference.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: Contracts Extensions

Post by SharksGM »

Calgary.Flames wrote:New file with all the trades here: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip
Updated again with the draft results. Please double-check that you have all of the right players in all the right places.

e: I think excel managed to fuck up all of the accented characters in players.ehm. I'll fix that shortly.
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

Have we yet decided if draftees will be manually signed? For POT boosters.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

They will, unless Dan is strongly against it which I bet he won't.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote:
Calgary.Flames wrote:New file with all the trades here: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip
Updated again with the draft results. Please double-check that you have all of the right players in all the right places.

e: I think excel managed to fuck up all of the accented characters in players.ehm. I'll fix that shortly.
Will try to check everyone else later but Dmitri Samorukov ended up on the Isles instead of with me.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Vik (Habs) wrote:Will try to check everyone else later but Dmitri Samorukov ended up on the Isles instead of with me.
Only things I saw:
New Jersey listed Elias Pettersson first so I'd say he'd be 10th and Cale Makar 11th (affects what they each get for their first contract).
Ivan Korosenkov needs to be re-named Vladislav Kara.
Dmitri Samorukov => MTL (as previously mentioned).
And Cedric Pare seems to be the new name of the one Markus Phillips (if anyone was wondering).
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Vik (Habs) wrote:Ivan Korosenkov needs to be re-named Vladislav Kara.
But he already has been...
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote:
Vik (Habs) wrote:Ivan Korosenkov needs to be re-named Vladislav Kara.
But he already has been...
Heh, I didn't change it on my end and mis-read things.
BLUESGM

Post by BLUESGM »

In terms of boosters, when will the game be moved ahead?
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

We'll move the game after the extensions, before Free Agency. And we'll enter contracts manually.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Updated file: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip

Everything should be in as of now. Players who have received QOs were left un-signed for the moment.
Buffalo and Philly will need to offer contracts to their newly acquired players.
Anything I missed? Feel free to re-post in your threads or let me know right here.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Only checked if contracts were allowable (for the most part) so people'll have to check that they got the contracts they wanted.

For the Cam Fowler and Tyler Seguin contracts, what's the new max salary? The PDF rulebook says 15% of the cap which would be 10.875M but minimum is supposed to be 1% via the rulebook which would be 725k and it's 750k instead so...

Believe Kyle Beach and Travis Zajac should be 7 years (noticed that one because Beach's salary is higher than would be necessary for 5 years).

Jonathan Drouin can get rounded down to 4.55M.

Didn't notice it before but I think Stefan Matteau is actually coming off of entry level in which case he'd either need a pay rise or a term drop. He's got 4 years where he has NHL games played but I think it's because he signed late in the first season and, if entered through the game as we did then, that'll make the contract a year longer than what was offered. He's also making what his ELC would call for and I don't see an extension posted for before this season.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Vik (Habs) wrote:Only checked if contracts were allowable (for the most part) so people'll have to check that they got the contracts they wanted.

For the Cam Fowler and Tyler Seguin contracts, what's the new max salary? The PDF rulebook says 15% of the cap which would be 10.875M but minimum is supposed to be 1% via the rulebook which would be 725k and it's 750k instead so...
The logic there was that the cap will go up to 60M (75M equivalent) after next season, so the 1% limit would go up to 750k straight away. Going by that, the max should be 11.25M and Seguin will receive a hefty 50k discount.
Vik (Habs) wrote:Believe Kyle Beach and Travis Zajac should be 7 years (noticed that one because Beach's salary is higher than would be necessary for 5 years).

Jonathan Drouin can get rounded down to 4.55M.
Will fix those.
Vik (Habs) wrote:Didn't notice it before but I think Stefan Matteau is actually coming off of entry level in which case he'd either need a pay rise or a term drop. He's got 4 years where he has NHL games played but I think it's because he signed late in the first season and, if entered through the game as we did then, that'll make the contract a year longer than what was offered. He's also making what his ELC would call for and I don't see an extension posted for before this season.
Weird. He was signed in January 2014. Does the game already default to 4 year ELCs by then?
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote:Weird. He was signed in January 2014. Does the game already default to 4 year ELCs by then?
Just tried it and seems so. Guy signed on January 20th and got 4 years.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

File updated.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Adjustments from the previous couple posts still need to be done.

Brycen Martin's coming off entry level so he needs to be bumped up a bit if he's getting 5 years.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Should be fine in a couple of minutes...

Return to “League Memos”