Updates?

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

Re: Updates?

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Penguin wrote:I'm going to miss the draft. :( For a dumb chick's fucking birthday party..
Horrible excuse.

Bub wrote:Been catching up after being away for a week and my head is spinning. So maybe I missed this somewhere, but the EHEC draft is Saturday, right? Or was it moved to today?
Saturday at 12 noon EST.

Tonight's the NHL draft, so I made a chat so we could all sit around an internet chat and sing Kumbaya and get to know each other.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Saturday at 12 noon EST.

Tonight's the NHL draft, so I made a chat so we could all sit around an internet chat and sing Kumbaya and get to know each other.
Kumbaya? Awesome. I'll bring s'mores!
DetGM

Post by DetGM »

I am going to miss the draft but where do you want me to send in my draft list?
DaveG-Canes

Post by DaveG-Canes »

I'm stuck at work that day but will be available via MSN. Any way I can send the picks in that way since they'll probably be updated as we go on here?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

DetGM wrote:I am going to miss the draft but where do you want me to send in my draft list?
PM them to Ryan (BSBullies) and I.
DaveG wrote:I'm stuck at work that day but will be available via MSN. Any way I can send the picks in that way since they'll probably be updated as we go on here?
Yeah. Let me know what your MSN is. You could also use AIM if you wanted to. I'll be around most of, if not all of, the day.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Oilers_GM

Post by Oilers_GM »

I won't be on the for the draft today. I'm headed to Rexall for the Draft Party, free BBQ and watch on the jumbotron. hopefully there will be no boos al la when edmonton hosted and drafted Steve Kelly ahead of Shane Doan with the crowd chanting Doan's name.

I'm thinkin if we pick Seguin there may be some boos. Hall has had all the hype esp with being able to go to the memorial cup regardless it shall be interesting. I'll post a vid if i can later tonight of the atmosphere!
Parker

Post by Parker »

Oilers_GM wrote:I won't be on the for the draft today. I'm headed to Rexall for the Draft Party, free BBQ and watch on the jumbotron. hopefully there will be no boos al la when edmonton hosted and drafted Steve Kelly ahead of Shane Doan with the crowd chanting Doan's name.
Heh heh heh. I remember when the Oil inexplicably passed over Doan and he fell into the Jets' lap. I had to hold my breath until they announced the pick though as I was almost certain the Jets were going to draft another Sergei Bautin instead...
Oilers_GM

Post by Oilers_GM »

I was almost certain the Jets were going to draft another Sergei Bautin instead...
Who??? :D :D
Parker

Post by Parker »

Oilers_GM wrote:Who??? :D :D
Yeah, he's not really famous unless you're a Jets fan. Winnipeg GM Mike "Mikhail" Smith drafted this literally unknown defenseman named Sergei Bautin with the Jets' first round pick in 1992, and nobody at the draft even knew who he was. The Jets brass were so sure this guy was a diamond in the rough that they were willing to throw away the 17th overall pick to get him, instead of signing him as an undrafted free agent and selecting an actual prospect with the pick.

Jason Smith and Martin Straka were drafted immediately after Bautin.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

I remember Bautin. Even the Strat-O-Matic raters hated him. Must've been Jets fans.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Bub(NYR) wrote:I remember Bautin. Even the Strat-O-Matic raters hated him. Must've been Jets fans.
It wasn't because they hated Bautin, it was because he sucked ass.

My Jets fan friends and I were actually all rooting for Bautin to be the next Vladimir Konstantinov, if for no other reason than to make the franchise look a little less incompetent.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Love the draft talk, gents. Let's carry it over into the chat which starts in about an hour and a half. I'd love to see you all there. I think it'd be great for the league.
Adam Burke
DaveG-Canes

Post by DaveG-Canes »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
DetGM wrote:I am going to miss the draft but where do you want me to send in my draft list?
PM them to Ryan (BSBullies) and I.
DaveG wrote:I'm stuck at work that day but will be available via MSN. Any way I can send the picks in that way since they'll probably be updated as we go on here?
Yeah. Let me know what your MSN is. You could also use AIM if you wanted to. I'll be around most of, if not all of, the day.
PM sent. And just to note guys, "GOAL! GOAL! LANDON DONOVAN!" is NOT me making a pick. Mostly because I'm pretty sure that Landon isn't in this draft.
Parker

Post by Parker »

I'll be there tonight (after 6pm MDT) but I'll also be juggling putting the finishing touches on my scouting workbook, watching the Jays take on Roy Halladay, and talking with the gf.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:I'll be there tonight (after 6pm MDT) but I'll also be juggling putting the finishing touches on my scouting workbook, watching the Jays take on Roy Halladay, and talking with the gf.
The last thing is most important. Can't piss off the lady.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Chat is up on the main page. http://www.ehechockey.com

Just scroll down below the news story.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

It was a joy talking with a good portion of you guys tonight. Thanks for coming to the chat.

We'll try and find times periodically to put one of these together again.
Adam Burke
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

To echo Adam, I enjoyed the chat and the turnout tonight. It was definitely a lot of fun.

The file is updated and uploaded, gents. It rests on the 17 until after the draft is completed. Good luck to everyone. http://ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

my pick at 6th will be made no later than 10am pacific (1 eastern?), I should'na send a list for that, ay?
DetGM

Post by DetGM »

Adam Burke I sent you my complete draft list in a PM.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Jungle Cats wrote:my pick at 6th will be made no later than 10am pacific (1 eastern?), I should'na send a list for that, ay?
Not sure when it'll be made, Zaq. Probably ought to send a list just to make sure.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

DetGM wrote:Adam Burke I sent you my complete draft list in a PM.
Yep. We're all set, Tim. Thanks.
Adam Burke
DetGM

Post by DetGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
DetGM wrote:Adam Burke I sent you my complete draft list in a PM.
Yep. We're all set, Tim. Thanks.
Thank you. I was not sure if I was going to be around or not but I wanted to make sure.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Finally got Bernier's Awards section up after he's been nagging me about it for a week. I also stored all of the simulations from this year into a forum. I wish I could find a way to remove some forums, I feel like we have too many. Way too many.

But anyway, here's this: http://www.ehechockey.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=37
Adam Burke
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

the chatbox disapeared ?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

NashvilleGM wrote:the chatbox disapeared ?
Yes, I removed it.

I can always start it back up, but nobody really used it anyway.
Adam Burke
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

yeah imo, its just the fact that it was under threads, generally when its on the front page people use it.

but eh, its not really that usefull, just cranks up the activity a bit

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”