Forums upgraded

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

Forums upgraded

Post by SharksGM »

As you can see, I have upgraded the forums software (phpBB) from 3.06 to 3.21, which was long overdue. The annoying error messages are gone. Unfortunately, so is the custom colour scheme, but it didn't match the new darker main page theme anyway, so oh well. I'll fix the colour of the links in the header at some point.

More annoyingly, the link to the active topic search is gone, but you can still access it here:

https://www.ehechockey.com/forums/searc ... ive_topics

Still more annoyingly, I have to enable every subforum separately so that they show up in the active topic search. I'll do that later today too.
Bruins_GM

Re: Forums upgraded

Post by Bruins_GM »

The-Boss-GM

Post by The-Boss-GM »

And if you are not using that hotlink you can find the "active topics" and other good stuff in the Quick Links tab which is directly under the phpBB Logo. :D
RangersGM

Post by RangersGM »

So I just tried to go into the GM office, and while the first page loaded fine, I got this when I tried to go into the sub-pages.

Is it just a result of the upgrade, or something else?
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

I get that too...
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I fixed it on the roster management page. I'll go through later tonight and fix it everywhere else.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Ok, I fixed most of the pages so they at least load, and I fixed form submission on the coaching page, but not everywhere else. Please don't submit lines (not sure why you would anyways) or try to make roster/training changes until I've had a chance to fix everything and test it.
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

Is it possible to either

a) convert messages to actual threads so that each new reply isn't a brand new message
b) increase the limit of the messages so we don't have to continue deleting messages all the time to make room.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

DevilsGM wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:12 pm Is it possible to either

a) convert messages to actual threads so that each new reply isn't a brand new message
b) increase the limit of the messages so we don't have to continue deleting messages all the time to make room.
I set it to 500.

I don't think there's any way to have a threaded view in phpbb, and if it did exist it would be a user option not a forums-wide setting.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

SharksGM wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 am Ok, I fixed most of the pages so they at least load, and I fixed form submission on the coaching page, but not everywhere else. Please don't submit lines (not sure why you would anyways) or try to make roster/training changes until I've had a chance to fix everything and test it.
The training and roster management pages should work now. It's possible that there are still bugs and that I'll have to revert changes to players.ehm/teams.ehm, but hopefully not.

I'm going to leave the lines pages for later since it won't really be needed until September.

Return to “League Memos”