what now?

Moderator: SharksGM

soulja*NJ

what now?

Post by soulja*NJ »

NHL will be suspended. As the sims occur on real life basis, how will this affect EHEC?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: what now?

Post by SharksGM »

Keep calm and carry on?

Most of you weren't around for it but we played a full 2012-13 season. I'm not sure if we used the same schedule as the previous year or just stuck with the game-generated one but anyway we played a full 82 games.

Besides that, there's no way to avoid diverging from reality, as much as we try to mimic it by putting in real draftees. If EHEC had started a couple of years earlier we'd probably still have Luc Bourdon and Alexei Cherepanov playing now. Pavol Demitra put up 78 points in 2011-12. Ryan Pilon quit playing hockey shortly after being drafted, which would have saddened me deeply in EHEC. Lecavalier had a notorious EHEC career-ending injury, although his NHL career took a nosedive around the same time. EHEC PK Subban and Erik Karlsson are AHL fodder, while Nail Yakupov keeps lighting it up. Still, I think we're doing a decent job of approximating what the NHL might have been like without the last lockout and expansion(s).

Return to “League Memos”