New Columbus Blue Jackets GM

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

New Columbus Blue Jackets GM

Post by SharksGM »

Please welcome Martin Beswick (JacketsGM) as the new GM of the Jackets. He tells me he's been running the INHL for 20 years, which is certainly remarkable. He also referred the new Coyotes GM (John), which is worth double points, but probably was not one of the stars of 1963's From Russia with Love.

Martin, you're all set up with GM Office. Let me know if you have any questions.
DetroitGM

Re: New Columbus Blue Jackets GM

Post by DetroitGM »

Welcome!
PittsburghGM

Post by PittsburghGM »

Welcome!
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Name sounds familiar. Any reason for that or is my memory playing tricks on me again?

In either case, welcome. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

WELCOME!!!!!!
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

Welcome!
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Welcome Martin.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
JacketsGM

Post by JacketsGM »

Glad to be here!

Looking for a new challenge and something to do with this new way of life. Found this league somewhere, cant remember where, but saw that it was full, which is remarkable given the long journey this freeware game has gone on in the 20 years that I have been around. Been in a lot of leagues over the years, my first one was EOHL (Eastside Online Hockey League I think) and DFCHL (Damn Fine Coffee Hockey League) and a lot which were one season and done leagues. I was just a GM when INHL started, and they simmed 7 EHM days every day, then after the two commishes won their championships after the first two seasons and they up and left I took over. I love this game, don't care if I win or lose and I love to rebuild. Not sure that is the way to go with this league as it is real time, easier to rebuild when you run one season in about 4 months.

Outside of this, I am an elementary school teacher, teach grade 7 and 8, I am also very passionate about soccer and am President of a Local Club in St. Catharines, Ontario and coach the U13 Girls, which I started doing for my daughter who hates soccer and sports in general. I live in Niagara Falls, and am a huge Toronto Maples Leafs fan. Go Leafs Go!

Looking forward to this league, I think I know what I am doing but will have to go over the rules in depth to make sure I do not inadvertently break them! Apologize in advance if that happens.

Vik, I am sure we were in a few leagues together! You look familiar as well!

Hope that all of you are staying safe!
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

JacketsGM wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:18 pmI love this game, don't care if I win or lose and I love to rebuild. Not sure that is the way to go with this league as it is real time, easier to rebuild when you run one season in about 4 months.
My best dman when I started with the Habs was Luca Sbisa. Now I'm paying Detroit to carry his cap hit for a year.

It might take more patience but I think I enjoyed the rebuilding years more.
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

Welcome!! My daughter hates sports too! Now send me offers :D
Jets_GM

Post by Jets_GM »

Welcome to the show
Jets_GM

Post by Jets_GM »

Welcome to the show
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

Welcome to the league sir.
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

Holy smokes - Welcome aboard Martin - haven't seen your name in years! I think hotmail messenger was the main method of comms. All the best - Chris
NYI GM

Return to “League Memos”