October 15, 2020

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

October 15, 2020

Post by SharksGM »

Schedule & Results, League File

14 games tonight, so only the Ducks and 'Canes were slacking off. Only two slightly disappointing ties, but with 3 and 4 goals per side, that's not too bad. Incredibly, nobody got injured, although some feelings may have been hurt.
TorontoGM

Re: October 15, 2020

Post by TorontoGM »

Link to the file doesn't work for me. Also somehow my lines didn't work? They updated fine on the site, Rasanen is in and Ejdsell is out.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Something funky happened with mine too, my lines were used but I had Demko starting and he didn't.

Crashing back to earth with two losses after the hot start.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
Edmonton Mike

Post by Edmonton Mike »

Jon Merrill confirmed as early candidate/favorite for Norris, Lady Bing, Hart and Art Ross Trophies.
Jon Merrill
1992-2021
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

Was busy so didn't update yesterday, though there was only one change to make anyway. Between the two days, a win for San Jose ended their winless start (at one game), while losses for Calgary and St. Louis end their undefeated starts. A win for Florida ties them with Colorado for the best start, though Edmonton's tie keeps them alive. Columbus has also tied Boston for worst start.

(^ means they have a game tomorrow ... none of them have games tomorrow though)

Undefeated teams:
(3-0) Florida
(2-0-1) Edmonton

Winless teams:
(0-3) Columbus

On a Detroit-specific note, Joe Thornton hit 1000 assists :D
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

TorontoGM wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:07 am Link to the file doesn't work for me. Also somehow my lines didn't work? They updated fine on the site, Rasanen is in and Ejdsell is out.
I uploaded the file for real this time.

Because I enter lines before simming ahead to game day, I am unfortunately more likely to forget to enter new lines if there is something that prevents me from doing that (a traded player that hasn't arrived with their new team yet, a player with 1W left in their injury but set to go day-to-day the next day), etc. It occurs to me that I could make the lines page also edit the tactics in teams.ehm so I never have to manually load lines again (though they'll still need confirmation on game day) - I'll look into that over the weekend.
AvalancheGM wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:16 am Something funky happened with mine too, my lines were used but I had Demko starting and he didn't.

Crashing back to earth with two losses after the hot start.
I entered your lines from ~9AM yesterday and they had Mason starting.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

SharksGM wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:45 am
TorontoGM wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:07 am Link to the file doesn't work for me. Also somehow my lines didn't work? They updated fine on the site, Rasanen is in and Ejdsell is out.
I uploaded the file for real this time.

Because I enter lines before simming ahead to game day, I am unfortunately more likely to forget to enter new lines if there is something that prevents me from doing that (a traded player that hasn't arrived with their new team yet, a player with 1W left in their injury but set to go day-to-day the next day), etc. It occurs to me that I could make the lines page also edit the tactics in teams.ehm so I never have to manually load lines again (though they'll still need confirmation on game day) - I'll look into that over the weekend.
I'm pretty sure I updated my lines several days ago though? I just wanna make sure there's nothing funky going on with the site.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Ahh, I remember now I entered an invalid lineup at first, must have forgotten to change the goalies after it reset.

Kevin gets the Good Guy award for rescuing Thornton from the AHL so he could hit that milestone.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

TorontoGM wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:52 am I'm pretty sure I updated my lines several days ago though? I just wanna make sure there's nothing funky going on with the site.
The last set of lines I have downloaded for you is from October 9, pre-Rasanen trade, so it's possible I missed downloading new lines you submitted between then and earlier today.
AvalancheGM wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:10 pm Ahh, I remember now I entered an invalid lineup at first, must have forgotten to change the goalies after it reset.
You can usually press back, fix the issue and re-submit rather than having to do everything from scratch.
AvalancheGM wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:10 pm Kevin gets the Good Guy award for rescuing Thornton from the AHL so he could hit that milestone.
Psh, I was going to do that, just much later in the season after giving Jumbo a well-deserved months-long AHL vacation.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

AvalancheGM wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:10 pm Kevin gets the Good Guy award for rescuing Thornton from the AHL so he could hit that milestone.
Unfortunately now that he's a Leaf I might demote him ;)
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

SharksGM wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:21 pm
TorontoGM wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:52 am I'm pretty sure I updated my lines several days ago though? I just wanna make sure there's nothing funky going on with the site.
The last set of lines I have downloaded for you is from October 9, pre-Rasanen trade, so it's possible I missed downloading new lines you submitted between then and earlier today.
Okay, no worries I still won 8-)

Return to “2020-2021 EHEC Regular Season”