Mitchell Miller

Post by AvalancheGM »

Will Tampa also be renouncing Miller's rights? :lol:
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
NYRNYRNYR

Re: Mitchell Miller

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Right?

Crazy. When I first heard the story I had just heard that he had used slurs. That's bad, but if he's like 12 or 13 and using racial language, I figured stupid kid who hopefully learned the lesson. No excuse for it, but words alone didn't seem to me to be a death knell for the kid.

But then I read the actual story and WOW man. He did some horrific abuse to that poor kid. Again, he himself was very young so I don't think you charge him with a crime and put him in prison for 5 years or anything like that. But yah, sorry dude, your NHL career might be killed for it. And that might not be such a bad thing.
TBGM - Geoff

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

Maybe we can change his name to that of another undrafted prospect? That way he's no longer around, but I don't lose a prospect that I didn't draft in the first place.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Would be fitting to change his name to Isaiah Meyer-Crothers
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

TBGM - Geoff wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:53 am Maybe we can change his name to that of another undrafted prospect? That way he's no longer around, but I don't lose a prospect that I didn't draft in the first place.
No I can't imagine we would literally cost you the draft pick. Name change is a funny and cool idea!
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

I think we should just shoot him into the sun.

Oh we're talking about the EHEC version. I like Colorado's name suggestion.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

I've been in leagues where a player died (Luc Bourdon, Alexei Cherepanov) and the GM of their team chose a new name.

Cherepanov was mine so I made up a Russian name, Dimitri Ignastin.
TBGM - Geoff

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

AvalancheGM wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:29 pm I've been in leagues where a player died (Luc Bourdon, Alexei Cherepanov) and the GM of their team chose a new name.

Cherepanov was mine so I made up a Russian name, Dimitri Ignastin.
This would be a terrible idea... Jacques Miehoff :lol:
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

TBGM - Geoff wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:53 am Maybe we can change his name to that of another undrafted prospect? That way he's no longer around, but I don't lose a prospect that I didn't draft in the first place.
I don't always agree with my brother, but I just want to express support for this idea. Maybe someone like John Fusco would make sense - basically same size, both American, both right handed defencemen. Just change the birthday and can pretend it was always him.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

DetroitGM wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:22 pm I don't always agree with my brother, but I just want to express support for this idea. Maybe someone like John Fusco would make sense - basically same size, both American, both right handed defencemen. Just change the birthday and can pretend it was always him.
Fusco's an overager.

Anyway, I changed him to Kyle Aucoin. Different handedness and country but I lost interest in finding similar players that weren't already in the file after about the third attempt.
TBGM - Geoff

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

Good enough for me

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”