May 12, 2021

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

May 12, 2021

Post by SharksGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

The Rangers gets two points each from the slumping Jimmy Lodge and Joonas Donskoi, who earn game ratings of 5 and 6, respectively, for their troubles. The crucial first goal from Artyukhin establishes the pattern, as the Rangers earn the lead three times in regulation, only to give each up to goals from Tampa Bay's biggest stars - Fowler, Hedman and Stamkos. Nonetheless, the Rangers keep the streak alive by inflicting First Overtime Shot syndrome on Carey Price, ending the game 55 seconds in with an Eichel-to-Toews blast.

Congrats to Nicholas and commiserations to Geoff and his Lightning - only the latest in a long line of (at least formerly) veteran-laden teams eliminated thanks in part to questionable goaltending.

Conference Finals will thus be DAL @ CHI and NYR @ MTL, beginning... let's say Saturday.
TBGM - Geoff

Re: May 12, 2021

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

Congrats to the Rangers.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Wow just wow :shock:

Gotta say I was sweating this series and it's only round two! Montreal is a juggernaut and the conference will be a slog. But here's hoping these boys are still hungry.

Geoff, great series. You totally reformed the heart of that team and made a deep run anyway. Most would have expected TB to need a full rebuild, but you've got them ready to still compete a long time.

Let's do this boys!
TBGM - Geoff

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:05 am Wow just wow :shock:

Gotta say I was sweating this series and it's only round two! Montreal is a juggernaut and the conference will be a slog. But here's hoping these boys are still hungry.

Geoff, great series. You totally reformed the heart of that team and made a deep run anyway. Most would have expected TB to need a full rebuild, but you've got them ready to still compete a long time.

Let's do this boys!
At the trade deadline, I wasn't even sure if I'd be in the playoffs, so I'm very happy to have made it this far. Bring on the off-season!

Return to “2020-21 EHEC Playoffs”