May 24, 2021

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

May 24, 2021

Post by SharksGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

The Rangers jump to - you guessed it - an early lead, taking advantage of their own poor discipline with a shorthanded goal by Rick "Frank J. Selke" Nash. The tide turns back as Ovechkin and Dach reply for the Habs, adding to their potential Conn Smythe credentials. Ehlers and Suter regain the Rangers the lead for a whole two minutes until Shawn Matthias scores just his second of the playoffs to tie things up, leaving us with...

Overtime! After outshooting the Rangers 32-18 through three periods, the Habs wisely play the odds and score on the First Shot (TM) from Klim "Priceless" Kostin, bringing the Bell Centre Bell fans to their feet as he books their second Finals ticket in the last three years and gives them a spectacular Victoria Day present.

Congrats to Ty on his rookie managerial debut Finals appearance and condolences to Nicholas, who has orchestrated a remarkable turnaround for the Broadway crew after missing the playoffs entirely last season.
NYRNYRNYR

Re: May 24, 2021

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

My heart hurts
JetsGM

Post by JetsGM »

I shall gladly continue my flukey run (as in, I personally don't deserve this run - outside of putting Dach and OV together mid-season I will never take credit for anything else - great team built before my time here)

Good series and good luck to Chicago!
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

HabsGM wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:05 am I shall gladly continue my flukey run (as in, I personally don't deserve this run - outside of putting Dach and OV together mid-season I will never take credit for anything else - great team built before my time here)

Good series and good luck to Chicago!
Great series and great team MTL - a hearty congrats and good luck to you and CHI!
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:08 am My heart hurts
At least you're not an Oilers fan.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SharksGM wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:01 pm
Just hilarious. I watched every game bc I was amazed by what McDavid did during the season. Well other than the end of the 3OT, I was in bed before then. What a waste of a generational talent. On a line with Zach Kassian, yikes
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Well, NYR had a great season. Should be a great final.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:11 pm
SharksGM wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:01 pm
Just hilarious. I watched every game bc I was amazed by what McDavid did during the season. Well other than the end of the 3OT, I was in bed before then. What a waste of a generational talent. On a line with Zach Kassian, yikes
Lots of cap space opening up this off season for Holland to work with. Chia put us in cap hell with the signing of Kosk to his crazy $$.
NYI GM
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

IslandersGM wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:17 pm
Lots of cap space opening up this off season for Holland to work with. Chia put us in cap hell with the signing of Kosk to his crazy $$.
Is there? I mean, okay, there's about 14mil potentially freed up by RNH, Larsson, and Barrie, but they also need to be replaced. Replacing the 3rd best forward and 2nd and 3rd best defencemen (at least by ice time) isn't going to be easy or cheap. Okay, Klefbom might be back, but he also might not.

Honestly, the only significant space I see is Russell being ~3mil cheaper? Unless they buyout Koskinen and/or Neal

Return to “2020-21 EHEC Playoffs”