May 15, 2022

Moderator: SharksGM

DetroitGM

May 15, 2022

Post by DetroitGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Round two kicks off, uh, two days ago (the file says May 14th, but I'm doing this at 1am on May 16th, so I don't even know). And as previously noted, the West will, somewhat surprisingly, have less travel than the East.

Game 1, LA's Maxwell Gildon scores his first of the playoffs less than 2 minutes into the game, but Dallas storms into the lead with three goals less than 3 minutes apart, two by Grigorenko. Unfortunately for the Stars, there was still 50 minutes left in the game at that point, and the Kings steadily clawed their way back, two goals around the halfway point in the second bringing it even followed by two more goals in the last five minutes of the third.
And so the Kings take game one by a score of 5-3, despite going 0 for 5 on the powerplay.

Ever so far away was a slightly more back-and-forth affair. Anaheim also opened the scoring early with 2 first period goals, then San Jose tied it up midway through the second, but allowed Anaheim to regain the lead soon after. The Sharks kept going and put two more past Steve Mason, taking the lead just over halfway through the third.... a lead they held for about 2.5 minutes. The Ducks rattled off three straight to take game one 6-4.
Gritty

Re: May 15?

Post by Gritty »

Too late for predictions??!
Ducks in 7
Kings in 6
Pens in 7
Sens in 5
DetroitGM

Re: May 15?

Post by DetroitGM »

Gritty wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:02 am Too late for predictions??!
Time is an illusion, if the May 15th file, posted on the 16th, has games from the 14th, I think you can still make predictions :p
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: May 15, 2022

Post by SharksGM »

I suppose we should have just moved the in-game dates ahead a couple of days. Oh well.

In the meantime, this is just the kind of logical outcome I expect from EHM:

Ned saves all 11 shots against in 6 minutes of PK time (wtf is going on with these special teams?). Exact same guy saves 7/13 shots in the remaining 54 minutes of the game. Okay?

I guess I can't complain about McCoshen playing 25 minutes (and having exactly one takeaway so far in 8 playoff games) because Edler got injured probably at some point in the third, on what must have been a totally clean play since there was no penalty.
NYRNYRNYR

Re: May 15, 2022

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SharksGM wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:17 am I suppose we should have just moved the in-game dates ahead a couple of days. Oh well.

In the meantime, this is just the kind of logical outcome I expect from EHM:

Ned saves all 11 shots against in 6 minutes of PK time (wtf is going on with these special teams?). Exact same guy saves 7/13 shots in the remaining 54 minutes of the game. Okay?

I guess I can't complain about McCoshen playing 25 minutes (and having exactly one takeaway so far in 8 playoff games) because Edler got injured probably at some point in the third, on what must have been a totally clean play since there was no penalty.
Discord: Man ANA has an insane defense, this is going to be an exciting series.

EHM: Hold my beer - 10 goal game.

Return to “2021-22 EHEC Playoffs”