May 21, 2022

Moderator: SharksGM

DetroitGM

May 21, 2022

Post by DetroitGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Elimination night! But before we get to possibly putting Dan out of his misery, we have a Dallas home game:

Well the home team went up 2-0 in the first, let the Kings' come back to tie it in the 2nd, only for Maxwell Gildon getting 5min for successfully attempting to injure Adam Marsh for two weeks. The Stars then promptly did nothing with the powerplay, but did manager to get another (shorter) powerplay soon after, scoring just before it ended. A fourth goal a minute later put them up 4-2. Timothy Liljegren gave the Kings' hope with less than 3min remaining, but those hopes were dashed when they couldn't tie the game.
The Kings are now on the brink, with Dallas up 3-1 in the series.

Over in San Jose we have a... I don't even know... first off, you know when you sim an elimination game and it gives you the home team's goals but then sits for a little bit before giving you the road team's goals? Ya, I kind of knew what was coming.

Or did I??

Well, yes, I did. But not like this.

Never like this!

(sometimes I get silly when I'm tired, sorry)

Okay, so the Sharks did what they needed to, with two goals less than two minutes into the game. Then, somehow, they managed to get back-to-back injury majors - first, Josh Jacobs takes out Leon Draisaitl for two weeks, then Ryan Getzlaf knocks out Michael Rasmussen for six months! And this was followed by offsetting roughings, a fight, another offsetting roughing, a trip, and more offsetting roughings. All told, the second period featured 34min in penalties.

Oh, and no goals.

Then Bode Wilde got his first of the playoffs to end Nedeljkovic's shutout bid. Followed by Holtz tying it up. And Krejci giving Anaheim the go ahead goal. Only for Boedker to tie things up again.

But alas, Boedker giveth and Boedker taketh - an overtime penalty followed by a powerplay goal that puts Dan out of his misery (sorry)
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: May 21, 2022

Post by SharksGM »

I guess a bunch of these useless, gutless shits wanted to hit the links ASAP. Getz especially seemed to be in a hurry to end his Sharks career in ignominy after an otherwise surprisingly good playoffs.

Good luck, Seth.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

DetroitGM wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:42 am Or did I??

Well, yes, I did. But not like this.

Never like this!
https://youtu.be/8VXN3yFCk-U
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
Duckduckdeke

Post by Duckduckdeke »

Thanks Dan, wish you could’ve let me move on without the injuries though :(
Quack Quack
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

How did Greenway go from my pro roster to the prospects list? :|
PanthersGM

Post by PanthersGM »

TorontoGM wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:56 pm How did Greenway go from my pro roster to the prospects list? :|
He was a post deadline acquisition right? They all got temporarily moved to the prospect list since they were ineligible for the playoffs.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Gotcha. Forgot about that :lol:

Return to “2021-22 EHEC Playoffs”