New website features

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

New website features

Post by SharksGM »

I have updated the GM Control Panel so that it is disabled while I am doing file updates (as it was during waiver day). Otherwise, I'd be likely to just upload new files and wipe out any changes you make in the meantime. I suppose I could still leave the lines page around but if you submit new lines while a sim is being done they're probably not getting entered for that night anyway.

(Yes, it's not exciting for the new feature to be literally just temporarily disabling existing features, but it's better than nothing).

I'll be working on a page to track daily changes like waivers and injuries between sims, as Vik was doing that up to now.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: New website features

Post by SharksGM »

Alright, here's an early stab at this: https://ehec.pro/daily.php

The one downside is that it reads off the current players.ehm, so the list of waivers is only strictly correct right after a sim. I suppose I can start pasting that list along with the daily posting and tut tut at people who don't post their waivers.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:17 amThe one downside is that it reads off the current players.ehm, so the list of waivers is only strictly correct right after a sim. I suppose I can start pasting that list along with the daily posting and tut tut at people who don't post their waivers.
Seems better that way anyhow (except maybe for you). Wouldn't want players showing up there just because someone clicked the wrong button or something and they'll need to be posted in the waiver thread either way (gotta know what time the cutoff for claiming them is)

Also, based on the promotions list, Linus Hultstrom (MTL) and Ryan Stone (DET) haven't found their way to their new homes yet.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

SharksGM wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:17 am Alright, here's an early stab at this: https://ehec.pro/daily.php

The one downside is that it reads off the current players.ehm, so the list of waivers is only strictly correct right after a sim. I suppose I can start pasting that list along with the daily posting and tut tut at people who don't post their waivers.
I'm guessing this is because you're actively doing a sim, but when I clicked the link it gave a lot of error messages:
Warning: file(./last/players.ehm): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ehecpro/public_html/display_daily.php on line 8

Notice: Undefined offset: 7 in /home/ehecpro/public_html/display_daily.php on line 17

Notice: Undefined offset: 7 in /home/ehecpro/public_html/display_daily.php on line 17
The latter repeated a few hundred times. It then listed/lists 333 players being waived, 361 being demoted, and 708 promoted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

DetroitGM wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:13 am I'm guessing this is because you're actively doing a sim, but when I clicked the link it gave a lot of error messages:
Yeah, that'll happen. I'll have to make it give up if there is no previous sim file to read.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Ineligible underagers (need to promoted or sent back to juniors):
Michael Gildon (CGY)
Graeme Clarke (WPG)
Wyatt Kaiser (WPG)
Ian Moore (WPG)
Roni Hirvonen (WPG)
Veeti Miettinen (WPG)
Antti Saarela (MTL)

One from WSH
Ilya Nikolaev
Samuel Poulin
Matias Mäntykivi
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Trevor (PIT) pointed out that there was a bug in AHL training. Actually, there were several in that page as well as the staff management page, all of which should now be fixed. If you still notice any issue, please reply here.

In the training page, you can now set percentages in increments of 5 (with a minimum of 5), and scouts and GMs are not available in the dropdowns (this wouldn't work in-game anyways), although EHM is happy to have physios as coaches. Also, the names of the training roles have been changed to match the in-game values.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Apparently the dropdown for goalie selection allowed one to choose injured goalies, so I fixed that. Also, the default schedule link on the main page (https://ehec.pro/schedule.php#today) now goes to the last set of games (yesterday's, technically).
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

SharksGM wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:41 pm Also, the default schedule link on the main page (https://ehec.pro/schedule.php#today) now goes to the last set of games (yesterday's, technically).
Oh I like that, very convenient
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Yup, no more scrolling past preseason.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

The stats pages now have an age column.

More noteworthy - I updated the lines page so that it writes changes directly to teams.ehm in addition to writing separate lines files (which have always been available from https://ehec.pro/lines/[acronym][pro/farm].lns, and are read in for the depth chart page). Assuming it works - which it seems to - you will not notice anything different, but it will save me the effort of having to manually download new lines every sim and load them into the game. This will make me slightly happier by reducing tedium and - barring any bugs - ensure that I never miss updating anyone's lines again.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Something has recently gotten screwy with the stats pages for this season. I have injured guys who continue to add to their GP total while out. For example Heponiemi has been out for a few games now, but it shows him with the same GP as the others.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

AvalancheGM wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:41 pm Something has recently gotten screwy with the stats pages for this season. I have injured guys who continue to add to their GP total while out. For example Heponiemi has been out for a few games now, but it shows him with the same GP as the others.
Farm GP numbers are overestimated; it's an EHM bug that I can't really do much about. I've thought about parsing all of the boxscores myself to get at some numbers that aren't recorded in statistics.ehm but it's not worth the effort and wouldn't help for the farm anyways as EHM doesn't save complete farm boxscores.

You'll notice players have strings with their game-by-game ratings just below their name in players.ehm (1-10 maps to qwertyuio; don't ask me why it's not just 0-9) and s for scratched but for farm players it's just a bunch of f's no matter whether they even played or not.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

SharksGM wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:30 am Farm GP numbers are overestimated; it's an EHM bug that I can't really do much about. I've thought about parsing all of the boxscores myself to get at some numbers that aren't recorded in statistics.ehm but it's not worth the effort and wouldn't help for the farm anyways as EHM doesn't save complete farm boxscores.
This is almost certainly also not worth the effort, but you could, I think, tie the lineups from the website with the schedule if you wanted an accurate measure of farm games played? I'm no coder, so I'm mostly speculating on feasibility, but I also doubt it's worth the effort even if fairly easy to implement.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Oh, gotcha. That's weird. I always wondered what that string of letters was for.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I updated the draft order page with this year's draft order and added a link to it in GMO. Your very own special link uses advanced AI blockchain technology to highlight your picks in bold.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Now that's cool. I'm guessing this isn't updated with offseason trades though because I'm getting #43 from WPG and #91 back from TB.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I finally got around to adding links in the stat pages (pro/farm/playoff and team stats on each team's page) to previous seasons, since otherwise the stats are going to look pretty bare until the regular season starts. The prior season pro/farm/playoff pages have been available for a while but just didn't have a convenient link, whereas the prior season team state pages are new. Also, it will now list player ages as of June 1 at the end of the season rather than as of today.

Some of the end of season save files are, unfortunately, from a few days into the offseason, and may have had some post-playoff trades input. Thus, you might see strange things like playoff stats for skaters but no goalies because the GM happened to trade their goalie(s) away in disgust after the playoffs ended.
SharksGM wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:17 pm I updated the draft order page with this year's draft order and added a link to it in GMO. Your very own special link uses advanced AI blockchain technology to highlight your picks in bold.
Note that this continues to work and will list your owned picks, but the draft order will remain as it was for the previous draft (it will not update with the regular season standings).
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Admin wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:31 pm C. The "Hit & grind" and "Neutral zone trap" tactics can be used for a maximum of 70 seconds combined, on a maximum of two (2) lines, and cannot be used on the first line. The first line must play at least 30-second shifts, and any other line must play at least 20-second shifts. The maximum single-line length for a H&G or NZT line is 50 seconds.
Rather embarrassingly, I just noticed that the bolded part of this rule wasn't being enforced on GMO. I hadn't seen anyone do it, but you could run 3 H&G lines at 30-20-20 or 20-20-20. This has now been fixed.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Some of you noticed players.ehm get corrupted on the site. A week ago I added a temporary fix, so that it will at least warn you if it happens and revert back. So far it seems to have happened four times with completely different transactions. I haven't been able to track down the issue so unfortunately for now just try again if you see that a particular transaction failed to process (it should tell you so).
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

If you check out the roster pages for each team, you'll see:

- historical end-of-season rosters (just like for statistics). The exact date for each save file might vary, and the one for the first season is definitely wonky.
- a new "Development" tab, which shows the difference between ratings in the latest save vs at the beginning of the season (Sep 30 real date, which apparently was Sep 15 in-game so midway through preseason)

Note that a bunch of young players got leadership boosts from various promotions. Otherwise, veterans should only have gained leadership from playoff games.
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

Nice!!

Danault and Granberg dropped 5 in POS

Did I do something wrong with training them on DEF?
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Yes, I was checking it out yesterday already and I love it. It's cool.

Thank you.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Bernyhawks wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:19 pm Danault and Granberg dropped 5 in POS. Did I do something wrong with training them on DEF?
Fuck if I know... Vik? Viiiik?
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

SharksGM wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:45 pm If you check out the roster pages for each team, you'll see:

- historical end-of-season rosters (just like for statistics). The exact date for each save file might vary, and the one for the first season is definitely wonky.
- a new "Development" tab, which shows the difference between ratings in the latest save vs at the beginning of the season (Sep 30 real date, which apparently was Sep 15 in-game so midway through preseason)

Note that a bunch of young players got leadership boosts from various promotions. Otherwise, veterans should only have gained leadership from playoff games.
The development tab is great. Hurray for Jaromir Pytlik.

Bern, those two are at the age where overdevelopment from training on DEF starts to revert to their actual ceilings (for ST/CH/PO) so that's likely why.
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

AvalancheGM wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:53 pm
SharksGM wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:45 pm If you check out the roster pages for each team, you'll see:

The development tab is great. Hurray for Jaromir Pytlik.

Bern, those two are at the age where overdevelopment from training on DEF starts to revert to their actual ceilings (for ST/CH/PO) so that's likely why.
Indeed.
Danault’s PO will keep dropping to 79.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I seem to have broken something with the roster page with this update, so I'm going to keep GMO off until I fix it. Sorry if you were planning to get your lines in for preseason but it'll have to wait.

The file isn't going to be advanced until after the draft anyway, so if you wanted to make training/staff changes, hold onto those too.
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

Yeah i think i did something too - was hoping to keep Rossi and Guskov happy by moving them from farm to pro.. the NYI Draft page says they are still there but on the roster page they disapeared. :?
NYI GM

Return to “League Memos”