October 13, 2022

Moderator: SharksGM

DetroitGM

October 13, 2022

Post by DetroitGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Longer sim today, but will anything interesting happen? I sure hope not!

... oh fuck.

Okay, we start in Carolina, where the Lightning pick up a 5-3 win, goaltending the only thing really separating the two teams.

Then off to Calgary, where the Flames lose 3-1 but Sam Bennett gets lucky, picking up an attempt to injure major but not getting suspended as no Habs are out injured (I can't even tell which player was the victim).

We head north to Edmonton where the teams traded goals and penalties, the Oilers beating their southern counterparts (it's an oil "joke") 5-4, having gone 3 for 8 on the powerplay.

Down in San Jose we have..... well... shit.... so it seemed fine, but then, with the Kings holding a 2-1 lead, Granberg and Tkachuk got in a fight just before the halfway mark. Okay, fine. They get out, Gildon and Kopitar get off-setting roughings, not so bad. Then, just before they get out, Kerdiles and Pulkkinen do the same. Still, could be worse?
Then Jason Cotton goes and gets a 25 game suspension for breaking Luke Ripley's knee. Did I mention the 2nd period still wasn't over? The Sharks fail to capitalize on the powerplay (it's actually 3-1 LA by this point), so Tkachuk decides to fight Serron Noel. And then also Ryan Graves.

Apparently there was something in the California (lack of) water, because the Ducks took a similar approach to their game against the Jets, with the good old line brawl taking place with under 6min left in the game, which the Jets won 4-3. (also losing Nermark to waivers left the Jets short an AHLer, so they fast signed Jordan Schroeder).

Somehow things were quiet in Philadelphia as they beat Washington 3-2.

And finally the battle of Ontario was... okay, I guess. Two fights, the Sens won 6-4 as both goalies sucked.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: October 13, 2022

Post by SharksGM »

.500 on the road to start the season isn't terrible, but that game... go home EHM, you're drunk.

RIP to the talented Mr Ripley, who had 11 hits in 12 minutes before being viciously assaulted.
AvalancheGM

Re: October 13, 2022

Post by AvalancheGM »

SharksGM wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:11 pm .500 on the road to start the season isn't terrible, but that game... go home EHM, you're drunk.

RIP to the talented Mr Ripley, who had 11 hits in 12 minutes before being viciously assaulted.
:shock:
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began

Return to “2022-2023 EHEC Regular Season”