April 14, 2023

Moderator: SharksGM

NYRNYRNYR

April 14, 2023

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Sorry for the delay ya'll. Dan was sick and so needed a pinch hit for tonight. Plus it's the last two nights of the regular season anyway, so I was fine taking the night I don't play, and Dan can take over tomorrow for the Rags season closer. Anywho, onto the games.

SPOILER ALERT: NO LTIRs. So I did my job all you playoff-bound folks.

In the East: Pens get shutout in a shocker from CBJ who is trying their darndest to not get Bedard. CAR over BOS in a fairly uneventful game. MTL blows the doors off TOR in TOR, though in fairness, it was only 22-19 in shots, both teams 1-1 on the PP, so really a Gauthier-dying-alive situation. (they left him in for all 7 goals!?). NJ beat the Isles and the Sens beat the Sabes to keep their playoff status strong. Finally the TBL and FLA !?tie?! which has obvious implications (see below)

In the West: LA beat the sadly-out Oil, the Blues outlast the Preds and the Yotes !?tie?! San Jose? Evan Fitzpatrick with a pretty solid performance and I guess Jack Campbell was ok. Finally CGY beat VAN which was stupid in their own chase for a bottom-3 pick.

STANDINGS:

EAST:
MTL-TOR remains set
PGH-FLA is set now
NYR-TBL-OTT-PHI is fluid. NYR/TBL/PHI all have 1 game left, but myself and PHI are playing one another. TBL has a game too, and can leap frog to third, but could drop below OTT if they fail to get a point tomorrow (tonight) since OTT has 2 more wins.

WEST:
CHI-WPG remains set
LA-NSH is set
SJS-DET is set
STL-DAL is set

CHI/LA/DET all have 1 game remaining, but CHI/LA are already set at 1-2 and DET can't beat out DAL to go to 5. So rest up westerners. Your wood chipper is done. Oh, well, except for when you have to survive the playoffs. Then it's very much back on.
DetroitGM

Re: April 14, 2023

Post by DetroitGM »

... well shit
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

DetroitGM wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:07 am ... well shit
My team isn't THAT bad.

Anyway, I'll do the next-and-last sim tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon sometime. Or maybe evening. Just get your lines in if you need to.

Meanwhile, I will muse on how I thought I made significant improvements to my team since drafting Kakko in 2019. The Sharks finished with 92 points in 2020 (removing the 2 SOW points and 12!! loser points), then 97, 98, and now finally rocketing to... barely 100, thanks to 12 ties. But I suppose it's good enough for 4th-5th in the league, so, congrats for limping along these last three weeks, guys.
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:05 amFinally CGY beat VAN which was stupid in their own chase for a bottom-3 pick.
I almost considered calling up Raaymakers, just to be safe ;)

Return to “2022-2023 EHEC Regular Season”