C. Ellis (90)
T. Bordeleau (71)
O. Moberg (55)
PHI 4th 2023 (106th)

To DET:
J. Eberle (73)
D. Stafford (77)
NJ 5th 2023 (128th)

So Yakupov-Eberle is, I think, fairly even. Eberle is older, but cheaper, better offensively, but worse defensively. There are reasons why I want to make this deal though.
Alongside that is Stafford coming back. The fact is, he is old and overpaid, and Edmonton's interim GM was planning to let him walk. But the other fact is there aren't a ton of 80+ offense 80+ defence 85+ faceoff centres around, let alone available (I counted 4 among UFAs and I know that Colorado is "re"-signing Staal).

As a result, I added in three B-tier prospects (and an insignificant pick swap). Edmonton only has one goalie under 35-years-old right now and that's 32-year-old Olivier Roy, while Ellis is a good 1B who should be inexpensive for a while. Bordeleau and Moberg were both 2nd round picks, with the former offering high offence and the latter solid two-way play (while also being a future team captain - the 20-year-old Moberg has 84 leadership!).
TBGM - Geoff

Re: Edmonton-Detroit

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

Confirmed.

Edmonton is in cap hell trying to re-sign players, and after missing the playoffs with a very old team, youth is required.

This saves $4M off the cap and gets the team younger. Edmonton has exactly 2 prospects in the farm system, and none in junior.

Return to “Accepted Trades”