Free Agency Spreadsheet

Moderator: SharksGM

The-Boss-GM

Free Agency Spreadsheet

Post by The-Boss-GM »

Something for the future...

If there was a way to add the current team for players that would make sorting people way easier.

I don't know how hard this is to do though so definitely don't want to add to the already crazy amount of work that goes into running the League.
Apologies if this has been discussed prior.

-A
NYRNYRNYR

Re: Free Agency Spreadsheet

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

The-Boss-GM wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:20 pm Something for the future...

If there was a way to add the current team for players that would make sorting people way easier.

I don't know how hard this is to do though so definitely don't want to add to the already crazy amount of work that goes into running the League.
Apologies if this has been discussed prior.

-A
Not sure the amount of work, but typically even just using Control+F to find your guys is fast. I know your team has a lot of expiring contracts, but most of us have our own team spreadsheets that we'll keep track of the asking-price on and make calls from there.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Okay. I also added age (as of today) because I was getting tired of doing mental arithmetic at different points in the season.

I didn't copy the values past row 711 because the order of the UFA page changed and I didn't want to bother to sort them correctly as there's not really anyone past there worth a damn except Adam Ginning.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

SharksGM wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:04 pm Okay. I also added age (as of today) because I was getting tired of doing mental arithmetic at different points in the season.
Pretty sure you know this already, but you could use a formula to do that for you automatically?

=YEARFRAC(H2,TODAY())
or
=YEARFRAC(H2,DATE(2023,7,1))

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

DetroitGM wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:43 pm
SharksGM wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:04 pm Okay. I also added age (as of today) because I was getting tired of doing mental arithmetic at different points in the season.
Pretty sure you know this already, but you could use a formula to do that for you automatically?

=YEARFRAC(H2,TODAY())
or
=YEARFRAC(H2,DATE(2023,7,1))

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I didn't, but the point is to have it available on https://ehec.pro/ufa.php and to be able to copy-paste that table into the sheet.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Yeah, I use YEARFRAC for my own spreadsheet.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”