2023 Preseason

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

2023 Preseason

Post by SharksGM »

Most UFA signings are in and everyone really should have a full-ish roster by now. Even if you don't have enough players signed, I've invited all prospects to "camp" as usual. So, let's get started with preseason ASAP. I will do the first sim on Sunday night (the 17th), doing two sim nights at a time. Get your rosters and lines in before then.

Anyone who's managing an interim team probably already has an old interim account. Let me know what it is and I'll rename it and give it appropriate permissions.

Questions?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: 2023 Preseason

Post by SharksGM »

I simmed two nights (20/30 teams playing). Enjoy.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I did another two last night, so later tonight everyone will have played two games.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

8 nights of preseason are through. Tomorrow night, everyone will have played 3 games, with 5 to go. Maybe more importantly, the in-game date of Sep 15 (RFA QO acceptance) looms.

Oh, I know the schedule isn't showing up on the index (not that it really matters since I'm doing multiple nights per sim) but results are on the Schedule page.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Reminder that as of last night we're at Sep 14 in-game, so today's the last day to submit RFA bids.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Halfway through. Erroneous double ELC slides fixed, RFAs signed, all pending UFAs in too.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I didn't do anything last night, but another 2 sims done tonight.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Everyone has played 6 games now. 3 more nights and this cursed preseason will be over.

Some people have noticed that the standings page is wrong. They are also wrong in-game and I have no idea why. EHM also made a terrible preseason schedule so some teams only had 2/8 home games (maybe fewer). ???
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I just did last night's sim. The last two days will probably be summed tomorrow night. I plan to use the regular season schedule from three seasons ago (which was for 2012-13) which would start either Thursday or Fridau depending on whether I decide to shift by a day to have the weekdays match or not.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Alright, slight change in plans. Nicholas did the penultimate sim last night. I'm leaving the last one for Andrew (FLA) to do Tuesday night as it'll be his first. Then we'll have a full day to enter any pending contracts and transactions (including sending unsigned tryouts back to juniors) before waiver day on Thursday. I'll enter any waive transactions after midnight and then the regular season will start on Friday for 6 unlucky teams (well, hopefully they'll be prepared).

Questions?
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

So if any star players get long-term injuries in a meaningless game tonight... no pressure Andrew. :)
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SharksGM wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:59 pm Alright, slight change in plans. Nicholas did the penultimate sim last night. I'm leaving the last one for Andrew (FLA) to do Tuesday night as it'll be his first. Then we'll have a full day to enter any pending contracts and transactions (including sending unsigned tryouts back to juniors) before waiver day on Thursday. I'll enter any waive transactions after midnight and then the regular season will start on Friday for 6 unlucky teams (well, hopefully they'll be prepared).

Questions?
Underagers. Are we ok to post? Am I correct that signed underagers that are not selected are returned to juniors?
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

And are ones acquired by trade, considered exempt?
PanthersGM

Post by PanthersGM »

AvalancheGM wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:29 am So if any star players get long-term injuries in a meaningless game tonight... no pressure Andrew. :)

Don't think you need to worry though, Jason Robertson already took on the long term pre-season injury. :(
PanthersGM

Post by PanthersGM »

Were we going to do pre-season articles/rewards again this year?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

PanthersGM wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:01 pm Were we going to do pre-season articles/rewards again this year?
Perhaps. I need to do those farm rewards from last season too.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Anyway, preseason is over. Time to get your rosters in order.

Return to “League Memos”