January 10, 2024

Moderator: SharksGM

PanthersGM

January 10, 2024

Post by PanthersGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Bit of a slog on this one, but we made it through without any ATIs ruining the quote/unquote evening!

A couple of minor housekeeping notes:

1. Hunter Jones was out for a week, so Boston had to call up a backup goalie.
2. Matt Felipe returned to the active roster, necessitating Montreal sending one of their 3 goaltenders down.
3. Nathan Bastian was also injured for a week, and a replacement was slotted in for the Jets game against the Sharks.
TBGM - Geoff

Re: January 10, 2024

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

500th win for Carey Price and 500th goal for Phil "the thrill" Kessel 8-)
The-Boss-GM

Post by The-Boss-GM »

I don't understand.

When did Jones get hurt?
I set my lines on the 9th and it didn't say anything then about an illegal lineup.
JetsInterim

Post by JetsInterim »

PanthersGM wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:28 pm 3. Nathan Bastian was also injured for a week, and a replacement was slotted in for the Jets game against the Sharks.
Not sure what happened but GMO was showing that “ C Nathan Bastian is day-to-day but able to play tomorrow”

That’s why I was able to bring him back in the lineup and save my new lines.
PanthersGM

Post by PanthersGM »

JetsInterim wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:42 am Not sure what happened but GMO was showing that “ C Nathan Bastian is day-to-day but able to play tomorrow”

That’s why I was able to bring him back in the lineup and save my new lines.
So I made sure to go back and double check this yesterday after I finished the sim because I noticed the same thing in EHM.

Before the games were simmed it listed him as “out for a week” and forced me to sub in another player. After the games were simmed his status then changed over to “day-to-day”.
PanthersGM

Post by PanthersGM »

The-Boss-GM wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:21 am I don't understand.

When did Jones get hurt?
I set my lines on the 9th and it didn't say anything then about an illegal lineup.
According to the in-game news it happened in practice. My best guess is that your lines went in prior to the delayed sim on the 9th, and he got hurt "on the 8th" during the rollover to the 9th in game.

He is also listed as day-to-day now, so you should be able to just slot him back in going forward.
The-Boss-GM

Post by The-Boss-GM »

Goddamn Training :D
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

PanthersGM wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:32 pm So I made sure to go back and double check this yesterday after I finished the sim because I noticed the same thing in EHM.

Before the games were simmed it listed him as “out for a week” and forced me to sub in another player. After the games were simmed his status then changed over to “day-to-day”.
Just to clarify here, this was an error; Bastian should have been activated per the simulation procedure:
SharksGM wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:57 pm If lines are valid but cannot be confirmed prior to game day, make note of the relevant teams and confirm their lines after advancing to the next day in step 6. This can happen in a few circumstances - trades and waivers claims on the previous day that haven't arrived at their new team yet, and injured players who only became day-to-day on game day (these should be activated).
Note that this is Andrew's first season simming, so kindly have patience if our volunteer simmers happen to make a mistake - even those of us who've been doing this for *checks notes* nearly 10 years still mix things up occasionally.

Return to “2023-2024 EHEC Regular Season”