April 23, 2024

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

April 23, 2024

Post by SharksGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

It's do or die for the Rangers at the Bell Center and, taking inspiration from Sudden Death (1995), the Rangers pick "die". Their lone lead of the game comes courtesy of Matthew Tkachuk near the end of the 2nd but lasts less than two minutes, with Curtis Valk scoring the equalizer. Kirby Dach snipes the powerplay winner early in the 3rd and Evangelista adds the irrelevant empty netter with seconds left. The Habs advance (hurts to type, I know) and will face the Sens in the battle of Quebec (or across the river from it - I did offer to have the Sens move to Gatineau but Marty didn't take me up on it).

Anyway, over in the last remaining Eastern series, the Flyers blow two of their own leads and go down 3-2 midway in the 3rd, but following established protocol, have first star Nik Goldobin tie it up just minutes later. The game proceeds to overtime with the Flyers racking up 4 shots in the first 3:27, but Joe Veleno scores on the Devils' second shot of the period, netting his first career playoff goal. OT winner and series-tying goal, not bad. Oh yeah, Drew Doughty moves into T1st in playoff scoring with 10 points in 6 games.

The winner of NJ-PHI on Thursday will face the well-rested Bolts in round 2.
NYRNYRNYR

Re: April 23, 2024

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Literally scored 2 goals a game for the last 3. Can't blame anyone but ourselves on that. We will regroup and try again next year!

GG Josh-caretaker.

Another MDC missed playoffs....

Return to “2023-24 EHEC Playoffs”