Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: RULES CHANGES FOR 2015-16 SEASON

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Image
I could use one too, busing to the rink is no fun.
Commish Bub(NYR)

SharksGM wrote:
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Image
I could use one too, busing to the rink is no fun.
Can't you ride a kangaroo there?
BlackHawk Down (Seb)

Post by BlackHawk Down (Seb) »

Just a quick question....

Since we have a new rule that players making more than 1 million in the farm will affect our cap, is there thoughts on giving GMs, who had any of those players, a relief where they can release those guys without penalty or so since this rule was not in affect when some players were acquired/demoted ?

I understand that future guys we will demote will count against the cap. But let say for my part, I would definitly not have Marty Turco on my team if that rule would have already existed....

Thanks for the answer !
Commish Bub(NYR)

BlackHawk Down (Seb) wrote:Just a quick question....

Since we have a new rule that players making more than 1 million in the farm will affect our cap, is there thoughts on giving GMs, who had any of those players, a relief where they can release those guys without penalty or so since this rule was not in affect when some players were acquired/demoted ?

I understand that future guys we will demote will count against the cap. But let say for my part, I would definitly not have Marty Turco on my team if that rule would have already existed....

Thanks for the answer !
You can free release players making 1.5m or less RIGHT NOW. No penalty. As long as you do it before UFA season starts.
BlackHawk Down (Seb)

Post by BlackHawk Down (Seb) »

GREAT
AP21 (ARZ)

Post by AP21 (ARZ) »

I always thought you could release players making $1,500,000 or less at any time. Where is that "UFA season start" mentionned?
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

AP21 (ARZ) wrote:I always thought you could release players making $1,500,000 or less at any time. Where is that "UFA season start" mentionned?
I'm on this, Alex.
I don't know if we're going to change this rule, but as of now, you can free release anyone making $1.5M or less at any time.
Maybe something needs to be done now that guys making more than $1M (ELC excluded) will count against your NHL cap ... but I don't know. I'm going to bring it up and we'll see where it leads us.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Calgary.Flames wrote:
AP21 (ARZ) wrote:I always thought you could release players making $1,500,000 or less at any time. Where is that "UFA season start" mentionned?
I'm on this, Alex.
I don't know if we're going to change this rule, but as of now, you can free release anyone making $1.5M or less at any time.
Maybe something needs to be done now that guys making more than $1M (ELC excluded) will count against your NHL cap ... but I don't know. I'm going to bring it up and we'll see where it leads us.
I think we never finalized anything about this. So, since we're so close to the rollover, I'm fine with letting it stay at 1.5m for the coming season.
MartyFromOTTAWA

Post by MartyFromOTTAWA »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Franchise tag -- Franchise Tags will be eliminated and players with these tags will have their salary reset to their "pre-tagged" state, which means multiplying their current salary by 1.333. Their "no trade" clauses will be removed, but contract lengths will remain the same.
Hmm, It looks like you guys made a mistake here...

I thought that bonuses and devaluations are apllied AFTER the new base salary (so AFTER the 25% discount), which means the formula above is wrong.

Let's take AK46's for exemple:
His franchise tag contract was $5.425M. His new salary should be:
((5.425M - 350k off. spec. - 200k SK) * 1.333) + 350k off. spec. + 200k SK = 7 048 375$ (and not 7 333 333$)

Seb also reported me that Carter's and Granberg's contract have not been reset. 7 048 438$ and $6.85M respectively.
(BTW Carter's contract should have been increased by 10% at the time when TB acquired him from Philly, presuming he kept the franchise tag on Carter: 6 036 250$ vs 5 487 500$).

Bottomline, and no one can deny it, the entire EHEC season 2014-2015 was fucked up.

Which means that Justin will have to give his ring back. :D
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:Let's take AK46's for exemple:
((5.425M - 350k off. spec. - 200k SK) * 1.333) + 350k off. spec. + 200k SK = 7 048 375$ (and not 7 333 333$)
You should use 4/3 instead of 1.333 otherwise you get some rounding differences. It should actually be $7.05M. And if you look here, the franchise salary was miscalculated and his current salary should only be $6.8M (Adam shows 3/4 of $6.25M being $4.875 when it's actually $4.6875).

And on top of all that, when did his franchise tag get removed? Because he was making $7,333,333 when I took over.
MartyFromOTTAWA

You're right Vik about AK's salary base, i took the wrong figure.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Off the top of my head, I seem to recall Brad (former MTL) asking to drop AK's NTC for some reason.

We knew about Carter's and Granberg's salary issues, and now we'll take care of AK's too. JEEZ PEOPLE STOP PAYING ATTENTION.
MartyFromOTTAWA

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Off the top of my head, I seem to recall Brad (former MTL) asking to drop AK's NTC for some reason.

We knew about Carter's and Granberg's salary issues, and now we'll take care of AK's too. JEEZ PEOPLE STOP PAYING ATTENTION.
U might take care of all former franchise tags...
Commish Bub(NYR)

MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Off the top of my head, I seem to recall Brad (former MTL) asking to drop AK's NTC for some reason.

U might take care of all former franchise tags...
Yes...we will check all of them...
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Vik (Habs) wrote:
MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:Let's take AK46's for exemple:
You should use 4/3 instead of 1.333 otherwise you get some rounding differences. It should actually be $7.05M. And if you look here, the franchise salary was miscalculated and his current salary should only be $6.8M (Adam shows 3/4 of $6.25M being $4.875 when it's actually $4.6875).

And on top of all that, when did his franchise tag get removed? Because he was making $7,333,333 when I took over.

I couldn't figure out what happened to AK but his new salary should be 6.8 like Vik mentionned.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Meant to post this earlier, but it's gotten lost in all the contract hubbub:

SUSPENSIONS
The multipliers for repeat offenders will change in 2015-16. 2nd offense will add 1 game to the suspension; 3rd offense 2 games; 4th+ offense will add 4 games. We'll also start with a clean slate regarding prior offenses (as multipliers), but any suspensions already on the books (coughChipchuracough) will still be enforced.

Also, players with PE rating above 70 will not add multipliers to repeat offenses.

Basically, I want ATIs to still matter, but I want to eliminate the rash of 20-game suspensions we had last season.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

There was an unused section in this League Memos forum called Rulebook topics. I used it to put the rulebook on the forums which will be a lot easier for us to edit. I haven't locked any threads yet because I'm giving you guys some time to read it (again) to see if I missed something.

There are still some areas that require attention (retirement criterias for example) but we'll get it done sooner rather than later.

At some point, when everything is clear for everyone and we have answers for every damn questions you guys have, I will edit the top post accordingly and erase the rest of our talks so it looks clean again. :lol:

Feel free to provide us with suggestions, feedbacks and whatnots...

Thanks.

Return to “League Memos”