March 27, 2021

Moderator: SharksGM

NYRNYRNYR

March 27, 2021

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Had a tough night. I think DET set me straight. Thanks to him for what I THINK is correct.

Sorry for your lost / congrats on your wins.

Hofmann on an attempt to injure was the only additional hiccup. Pretty much sick of these, have one every night I sim, hey how about you tell your guys to stop being jerks on my nights? :lol: :lol:
TBGM - Geoff

Re: March 27, 2021

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

How come my revised lines weren't used?

I deliberately wanted to start my backup goalie against one of the worst teams in the league so that Price doesn't hit the max games played :x
Last edited by TBGM - Geoff on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

Same for me. Cuma still on bench
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

TBGM - Geoff wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:09 am How come my revised lines weren't used?

I deliberately wanted to start my backup goalie against one of the worst teams in the league so that Price doesn't hit the max games played :x
Bernyhawks wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:17 am Same for me. Cuma still on bench
Something fucked up when NYR did the sim, I noticed, messaged him, and he managed to fix it, but I think the changes made between my Friday sim and last nights may have been lost in the process. Unfortunate, but shit happens and we get what we pay for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TBGM - Geoff

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

My lines are showing correctly in the GM Office. I don't know the process, but it looks like the changes were straight up ignored
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Here's what I believe happened.

I did an entire sim from a previous date because for whatever reason, my local save file didn't properly overwrite. I recreated my steps to get the proper previous save file, but it appears the teams file didn't come along with my fix, which has the daily updates. Since the files folder becomes the "last" folder, and I never had a problem there, your previous changes were not lost.

I apologize for any error, after making it through and saving from the previous date, which DET pointed out, I immediately freaked and worked to fix it

My apologies again and I appreciate DETs help and joke, but I don't care about doing it for free, I want to do it right. A lot of AHL fixes were needed too which, when you have this many games, takes awhile, and it was an unfortunate oversight.
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:06 am Here's what I believe happened.

I did an entire sim from a previous date because for whatever reason, my local save file didn't properly overwrite. I recreated my steps to get the proper previous save file, but it appears the teams file didn't come along with my fix, which has the daily updates. Since the files folder becomes the "last" folder, and I never had a problem there, your previous changes were not lost.

I apologize for any error, after making it through and saving from the previous date, which DET pointed out, I immediately freaked and worked to fix it

My apologies again and I appreciate DETs help and joke, but I don't care about doing it for free, I want to do it right. A lot of AHL fixes were needed too which, when you have this many games, takes awhile, and it was an unfortunate oversight.
No worries mate. Shit happens sometimes.
Thanks for giving your time for the league.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SensGM wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:12 am No worries mate. Shit happens sometimes.
Thanks for giving your time for the league.
Thanks Marty. I have found the hardest part is the simming is so late at night. That's not any type of excuse - my respect for Dan was already at its max, but it's WELL EXCEEDED even that looking at what he has done as solo-simmer for so long. It has to be at the end of the day so that everyone has the chance to do/make the changes they want to do - but it still takes about 30-45 minutes to do the entire process, at least as I've only been doing it for a few months. I anticipate it gets ever easier. But yes, a huge thanks to Kevin in DET for pointing out my error, but that meant it was around about 12:15 am my time when I had to redo it all. Again, that's totally my fault, no one else. I was glad to reasonably be able to backtrack but I still apologize to those of you that had day-old-lines.
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

No worries at all just wanted to point it out!

Thanks for doing the sims

I think everyone who sims should get a reward
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Sorry, I saw that I somehow suffered another embarrassing loss to Arizona, which I thought I wasn't due for, but I put it out of my mind and didn't read Nicholas' message until much later.
DetroitGM wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:09 am Something fucked up when NYR did the sim, I noticed, messaged him, and he managed to fix it, but I think the changes made between my Friday sim and last nights may have been lost in the process. Unfortunate, but shit happens and we get what we pay for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I strongly recommend deleting/moving your old EHEC folder every time you sim. Overwriting from the zip is too error-prone. But in case this happens in the future, I added instructions for manually loading lines:

https://ehec.pro/forums/viewtopic.php?p=75257#p75257

If you could follow those and enter the lines that Nicholas missed (i.e. those last modified on the 27th +/- a few hours, that would be swell. Or if it sounds too tedious, I can do the sim tonight in exchange for Thursday.
Bernyhawks wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:26 am I think everyone who sims should get a reward
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

SharksGM wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:02 pm I strongly recommend deleting/moving your old EHEC folder every time you sim. Overwriting from the zip is too error-prone. But in case this happens in the future, I added instructions for manually loading lines:

https://ehec.pro/forums/viewtopic.php?p=75257#p75257

If you could follow those and enter the lines that Nicholas missed (i.e. those last modified on the 27th +/- a few hours, that would be swell. Or if it sounds too tedious, I can do the sim tonight in exchange for Thursday.
Sounds easy enough, will do. I can just grab any lines modified after 12:02am eastern time on March 27th (when I saved the file on Friday night)
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SharksGM wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:02 pm I strongly recommend deleting/moving your old EHEC folder every time you sim. Overwriting from the zip is too error-prone. But in case this happens in the future, I added instructions for manually loading lines:
Good advice and will do this going forward
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Are we sure these sim results are good?

I mean, I beat Carolina 6-1. Seems kinda fishy to me

Return to “2020-2021 EHEC Regular Season”