May 23, 2021

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

May 23, 2021

Post by SharksGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

The Stars dig themselves a huge hole on the road, giving up the first goal in the opening two minutes (again) and another two before the halfway point. Nazem Kadri gets them on the board with 12 seconds left in the second and the Stars keep things interesting by coming within one goal with 2 minutes left thanks to Mikhail Grigorenko's goal (and playoff-leading 22nd point), but it just wasn't to be as Thomas Vanek slides one into the empty net just a minute later. Thus, the Hawks advance to their first-ever EHEC Cup Finals (kind of surprising considering they've never missed the playoffs in 12 years), and the Stars fail to repeat in an otherwise solid season. Congrats/commiserations to Bern/Martin.
Bernyhawks

Re: May 23, 2021

Post by Bernyhawks »

Lets goooooo!!!

We’re going to the ship!

Great rivalry with Dallas. I think you are still up 2-1 in playoff series Martin? Always a pleasure my friend
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Wow. Congrats to DAL/Martin on his incredible defense of the cup. 2 months into the season DAL was struggling and close to the bottom. They had an incredible run the rest of the year and made it all the way to the Conference finals. Back to back Conference finals, one with a cup, I can only dream to get there someday!

Good luck to CHI in the finals against (likely) MTL and again, three cheers to the spirited fight from DAL

ALSO worth mentioning great to see The Mountain (TM) leading the way and making it to the conference as well. While I'm happy with the changes I made, I'm glad he had some playoff success himself.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Thank you everybody. Good luck Hawks go get'em. If you beat Dallas, you've got to beat them all.
We were without Armia. We will try to bring the cup back to Dallas next year.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022

Return to “2020-21 EHEC Playoffs”