March 30, 2022

Moderator: SharksGM

DetroitGM

March 30, 2022

Post by DetroitGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Ho hum, just two games. Kevin Bahl gets his first NHL goal in overtime, apparently (initially I thought it was short-handed too, but the penalty ended ~40 seconds earlier), then LA's Peyton Krebs puts up 4 points in a 5-3 win over Calgary. Not much else to report on the night ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In a longer term sense, it is worth noting that the goalie max is 67 games played. We already have three over - Buffalo's Joonas Korpisalo (70gp NHL) and Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (69gp AHL, plus 1gp NHL), as well as Boston's Thatcher Demko (68gp AHL). Chicago's Anthony Stolarz is theoretically at the max now, with 17gp NHL and 50gp AHL, but it seems that's a grey area (either that or I just didn't understand Dan's philosophical response).

Otherwise, assuming my calculations are correct, there are 10 goalies still at risk to varying degrees:
Stuart Skinner (ANA, 63gp AHL, max 73)
Yaroslav Askarov (SJ, 63gp AHL, max 72)
Liam Herbst (PHI, 1gp NHL and 59gp AHL, max 71)
Veini Vehviläinen (NAS, 61gp AHL, max 70)
Nico Daws (DET, 51gp NHL and 9gp AHL, max 69)
Oscar Dansk (OTT, 1gp NHL and 58gp AHL, max 69)
Sebastian Cossa (VAN, 60gp NHL, max 69)
Ben Bishop (PIT, 59gp NHL, max 68)
Carey Price (TB, 58gp NHL, max 68)
Evan Cowley (WAS, 59gp AHL, max 68)

Do with that information what you will.

Oh, also, there are 4 teams that have clinched in each conference, while 4 have been eliminated (all in the west. Yes, even though New Jersey and Washington are fighting for 30th, they can mathematically make the playoffs with just ~10 games left)
AvalancheGM

Re: March 30, 2022

Post by AvalancheGM »

It doesn't seem to be outlined in the rulebook - for those guys who are over, do they miss the same number of playoff games or regular season games to start next year? ie Demko would miss Boston's first playoff game or Buffalo's guys would miss the start of next season.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began

Return to “2021-2022 EHEC Regular Season”