April 18, 2022

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

April 18, 2022

Post by SharksGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

The penultimate night of the 2021-22 regular season answers many questions but leaves a few loose ends.

A Boston tie vs a resting Ottawa, and a Florida collapse against Washington guarantees Boston their first playoff appearance in four seasons, with a chance at avoiding the Sens tomorrow. Meanwhile, the Caps' unnecessary victory puts them 6th last (for now; Colorado might overtake them tomorrow).

The Canes' win against the Bolts guarantees them the coveted 9th and 4th seeds, respectively. Carolina misses the playoffs for just the third time in EHEC history.

Minnesota's win over Buffalo is largely inconsequential, other than demonstrating that the Wild efficiently turned a -22 goal differential (better than Boston and Florida) into the #7 lottery odds.

The Canucks were burnt by the Flames. Thanks to their extended late-season slump (1-8-1 last 10), the Canucks have earned the coveted Mark "Dead Last" Sertich trophy, which (fortunately for the Western Conference) gives Ottawa the best odds in the Shane Wright sweepstakes... for now.

The Ducks held on late against a strong Kings comeback, accomplishing nothing since they'll finish #2 and #1 in the West anyhow.

The Rangers wisely decided to shit the bed against the Devils, since they were guaranteed to finish 5th in the East regardless, and now the Devils somehow aren't dead last in the league.

The Flyers unwisely shut out the Islanders, giving themselves #9 lottery odds and the Isles #5 for now.

The Sharks predictably defecated across the entire Pacific coast seabed, losing their chances at home ice advantage in the final game of the season (again in the home portion of a back-to-back having won the previous night, no less) for at least the second year in a row. Vlad Tarasenko earns himself his first EHEC Art Ross trophy, though he probably would have won in 18-19 had he not been injured. His failure to score a hat trick leaves Florida's Matt Duchene in possession of his own first Rocket Richard trophy.

The Preds similar sullied their litterbox against a non-playoff team, meaning they'll finish either 6th or 7th depending on the other Brichta's performance tomorrow.

Finally, the Habs stomped the Leafs, giving themselves a chance at the #2 seed, and giving the Leafs the 8th best shot at Wright.
NYRNYRNYR

Re: April 18, 2022

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

When OTT wins the cup and the lottery we are all quitting right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
JetsGM

Post by JetsGM »

Only one point below what I finished with last season, which considering my amount of injuries/suspensions and who was out, I will take.

Still without 2 of my top 3 forwards, though....Spezza should return by game 1-2 of the second round.....but....have to make it to the second round first :?
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

That's an impressive run of futility for Vancouver considering they were ahead of me most of the season.

That trade for VAN's 1st is like the Kessel trade... bet they never expected to be dead last after getting Nichushkin.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
Gritty

Post by Gritty »

SharksGM wrote: ↑Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:32 am Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

The Flyers unwisely shut out the Islanders, giving themselves #9 lottery odds and the Isles #5 for now.
Just glad the boys are showing some fight, something to look forward too next season.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

SharksGM wrote: ↑Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:32 am His failure to score a hat trick leaves Florida's Matt Duchene in possession of his own first Rocket Richard trophy.
Hey, the Panthers may have barely squeaked into the playoffs but my first trade ever for them paid big dividends.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: ↑Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:52 am When OTT wins the cup and the lottery we are all quitting right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think that will make me quit, but if my pick (aka Chicago) wins the lottery and Wallinder doesn't boost again this year? πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

DetroitGM wrote: ↑Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:30 pm
NYRNYRNYR wrote: ↑Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:52 am When OTT wins the cup and the lottery we are all quitting right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think that will make me quit, but if my pick (aka Chicago) wins the lottery and Wallinder doesn't boost again this year? πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ
Lol. We ride at dawn to an eternity of quitting! :lol: :lol:
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

I'll quit as well :P

Return to β€œ2021-2022 EHEC Regular Season”