New website host

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

New website host

Post by SharksGM »

I have decide to move the site from its current host (WHC) to another one (InMotion). The new site is already up at https://secure256.inmotionhosting.com/~ehecpr5, just without the forums. This change should be seamless, but it does involve transferring the domain (which could take a few days) and the forums (which I will do once the domain transfer is complete). Please do bookmark the temporary url if the transition happens when I'm not around to fix any potential problems. At least we're not really going to need GMCP until preseason begins in a few weeks.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: New website host

Post by SharksGM »

The move is complete, and everything seems to be in order. Let me know if you encounter any issues.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Thanks. This one is cheaper right?
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

$82 total for 3 years, which is a darn sight better than $10/month. It will be more expensive to renew when it comes to it, but whatever, all hosting sites do that, and it has proven easy enough to switch if needed. It's a bit silly; this is a tiny website serving a couple dozen people a few times a day, not like we're selling custom snuggy blankets.

The ehec.pro domain registration will remain with WHC, and ironically cost about as much as the hosting, but whatever. It seems like a lot of hosts don't register 'specialty' domains like .pro and it's hard to get four-letter names on the older popular domains, plus I don't really want to switch again.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

I for one, welcome our new host overlords
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

are we able to adjust the pro/ farm rosters - helps to better see where I'm at.
NYI GM
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

IslandersGM wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:51 am are we able to adjust the pro/ farm rosters - helps to better see where I'm at.
What do you mean adjust? I strongly recommend to have your own excel file for checking.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

IslandersGM wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:51 am are we able to adjust the pro/ farm rosters - helps to better see where I'm at.
GMO hasn't changed.

Return to “League Memos”