2022 Preseason

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

2022 Preseason

Post by SharksGM »

Alright, the file has been updated. Signings and trades are in. All prospects have been invited to camp. Lumir helpfully pointed out that I didn't do anything with staff contracts, so I just copied the staff.ehm from before rollover a week ago and everything seems fine. Staff will all be a year older and wiser/seniler. If you made any staff assignment changes in the last week, sorry, they'll need to be redone (but at least your staff are back). So we're all ready for preseason.

Preseason will begin tomorrow (Sunday) night. Get your lines in. You do not need to enter farm lines, just pro. I'll sim a couple of days at a time to start. Also, I'll back up last season's statistics later tonight or tomorrow (the players.ehm will be slightly wacky but I'll fix that in a week or so).
NYRNYRNYR

Re: 2022 Preseason

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Remind me again, the 23-player roster limit is in effect for preseason?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:14 pm Remind me again, the 23-player roster limit is in effect for preseason?
God no. Just keep a few players on the farm.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I did two days' worth of sims. They were painful. Signed Patrik Bartosek and Liam Liston for WAS as they have zero healthy goalies (Vasi's out for 4 months).
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Two more days. Easier now that everyone has valid lines... momentarily.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I did 3 days last night and will do another 3 tonight, which will bring us halfway through preseason and past September 15 in-game.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'm switching back to two games per night, that way we'll finish preseason on the 28th. I haven't chosen which schedule we'll use this year (definitely not last year's), but games don't usually start till Oct. 5-8th anyway. Possibly the 2010-11 schedule?

Also, more players keep getting injured in these meaningless games. Zemgus Girgensons and Tyler Cuma are out for 3 weeks each and might miss some regular season games.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Preseason is done. I simmed past the in-game waiver draft, forgetting that would reset pre-season statistics. Oh well! The schedule is still there, along with yesterday's file.

Get yourselves read for Waiver Day, which I will announce shortly. I will also input the 201-11 schedule, which begins on October 7.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SharksGM wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:11 am Preseason is done. I simmed past the in-game waiver draft, forgetting that would reset pre-season statistics. Oh well! The schedule is still there, along with yesterday's file.

Get yourselves read for Waiver Day, which I will announce shortly. I will also input the 201-11 schedule, which begins on October 7.
Can we get the 2022 underager post started up?

Return to “League Memos”