2023 Trade Deadline

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

2023 Trade Deadline

Post by SharksGM »

Let's make it Tuesday, February 28 at 10PM EST. There are no games on the 27th and 28th and I think I can safely move the one game on March 1 to March 2.

Since DaveG seems to have gone AWOL, I propose an auction for Eric Staal, who the Canes really ought to trade while they can.
DetroitGM

Re: 2023 Trade Deadline

Post by DetroitGM »

SharksGM wrote: ↑Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:12 am Let's make it Tuesday, February 28 at 10PM EST. There are no games on the 27th and 28th and I think I can safely move the one game on March 1 to March 2.

Since DaveG seems to have gone AWOL, I propose an auction for Eric Staal, who the Canes really ought to trade while they can.
Just emphasizing for everyone that it's February 28 and not editing this for any reason πŸ‘€
Last edited by DetroitGM on Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SharksGM wrote: ↑Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:12 am Since DaveG seems to have gone AWOL, I propose an auction for Eric Staal, who the Canes really ought to trade while they can.
I love Dave having been here since the start and his general malaise of this season for his club, but Staal not getting the Raymond Bourque treatment is a sad, sad end.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

DetroitGM wrote: ↑Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:10 am
SharksGM wrote: ↑Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:12 am Let's make it Tuesday, February 28 at 10PM EST. There are no games on the 27th and 28th and I think I can safely move the one game on March 1 to March 2.

You mean February 28, yes?
Of course, and that's exactly what I wrote! Thanks for reiterating. πŸ™ƒ
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

SharksGM wrote: ↑Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:12 am Since DaveG seems to have gone AWOL, I propose an auction for Eric Staal, who the Canes really ought to trade while they can.
So, how do we do it?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

SensGM wrote: ↑Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:59 pm
So, how do we do it?
Well, if someone wants to interim the Canes, that would work. Or at least just field trade offers until the deadline - that just needs to be someone who doesn't plan on bidding themselves (so I'm ok with a current GM from the East who has no conflict of interest). Otherwise I'll make up some rules before the deadline.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SharksGM wrote: ↑Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:52 am
SensGM wrote: ↑Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:59 pm
So, how do we do it?
Well, if someone wants to interim the Canes, that would work. Or at least just field trade offers until the deadline - that just needs to be someone who doesn't plan on bidding themselves (so I'm ok with a current GM from the East who has no conflict of interest). Otherwise I'll make up some rules before the deadline.
I had assumed you were joking. He's an original GM it feels a bit gross, even if we all agree it's reasonable. But you know him better than all of us. If he's MIA bc his season is going poorly, that stinks, but it's his prerogative having been here 15 years, no?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: ↑Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:36 am I had assumed you were joking. He's an original GM it feels a bit gross, even if we all agree it's reasonable. But you know him better than all of us. If he's MIA bc his season is going poorly, that stinks, but it's his prerogative having been here 15 years, no?
Well, not logging in for 2+ months is part of the reason why the Canes' season is going poorly. I'm never actively looking to replace GMs, especially since we haven't been completely full in a while, nor do I want to tell GMs how to run their teams, but if you literally do nothing... πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Staal's vopatizing and this is supposed to be a great draft year so it's pretty much now or never for him (and Pitkanen, although I don't think he'll get much interest). The rest of the roster can be punted to next year.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Moving Staal is absolutely the right move for that franchise. Guy has been AWOL for most of the last 2-3 years.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Alright, so Carolina Hurricanes superfan Aidan the Gritty (PHI) has been authorized to deal on behalf of Carolina until the deadline. We'll see about an interim afterwards but with 20 games left they'll probably just sit in limbo while slowly tanking.
Gritty

Post by Gritty »

Everyone send the offers my way! Will take them here, or on discord at Fullsend#9571
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Just to clarify, it's fine if one party is slightly late confirming a deal as long as the other posts the trade before the deadline.

Return to β€œLeague Memos”