2024 Trade Deadline

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

2024 Trade Deadline

Post by SharksGM »

March 1 is a week from now, so that seems reasonable. 11:59:59 PM EST? Or maybe PST if y'all want to get in late-night deals.

I am also thinking of banning any post-deadline buyouts. The only reason I'm hesitating is I don't want to make it totally impossible to get under the 50 contract limit post-deadline, but you shouldn't have that many contracts to begin with.

Lastly, there were some requests to be able to a) give alternate positions to forwards who don't already have one, and b) switch position from C to (the other) W. I think I'm fine with allowing one such change per offseason, starting this summer. Most of the few forwards with only one position were draft-time omissions rather than deliberate. For the second part, there are some forwards who were deliberately created as centers-with-crappy PL/DF/FA so they're effectively bound to play one wing, but I'm okay with slowly moving on from that. I'm giving fair warning so nobody complains about trading a player who might have benefited from a position switch in the next week.
NYRNYRNYR

Re: 2024 Trade Deadline

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

My dreams of allowing a 94-faceoff Nichushkin at Center are dashed :lol: :lol:
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

To be clear, you will allow players with only one position to have another position of their choice? Ex: Brock Nelson could play C
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Bernyhawks wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:50 am To be clear, you will allow players with only one position to have another position of their choice? Ex: Brock Nelson could play C
No, nobody will learn how to play C. Only gaining/switching to (another) wing position.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I've decided to push the deadline a little further to noon EST on March 2nd. TSN will be hosting TradeCentre on Saturday morning, I suppose.

Return to “League Memos”