April 5, 2024

Moderator: SharksGM

NYRNYRNYR

April 5, 2024

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Welcome to a huge Friday night in the 2024 EHEC season. Lots to cover, and I know you are all skipping ahead to your own team and results. I don't blame you...

TBL and TOR fight early and often. In the only LTIR for the evening...though somewhat significant?! Jared Cowen knocks out Jacob Middleton for 50 days, earning himself 7 games in the sinbin. The playoffs are interesting all around for these teams..In fairness, this win puts TBL in 2nd for the East, and my Rags can't catch'em.

The Isles DEMOLISH the Jackets 6-1 clinching spot 8 in the East (bc of the Bruins/Panthers loss coming up. SPOILERS).

The Flyers shutout the Sabres 3-0. They are safely in 4th, earning home ice in Round 1.

I crush the Pens 6-2 in what, considering everything else, is irrelevant.

The Panthers beat the Caps 4-3, but again, sadly/happily with the Isles win, too little too late sadly.

The Hurricanes murder the Habs, which after the Leafs loss, makes 5/6/7 all in contention on the last day of the season.

Ottawa seals the Bruins fate 4-2. Great season Alex, lots of time to prep for next year now.

The Wings and Devils kiss their sisters (TM) setting up that 88/87/87 pts race for the Devils/Leafs/Habs respectively.

CHI kills the Jets 5-1. Cool.

The Flames beat the now-struggling 'Nucks 4-2.

The Oils beat the Ducks 3-1. No other thing noted except the hilarity of EDM scoring all 3 in the 2nd.

And in SJS and LAK battle (WCF PREVIEW DAN YOU LOVE WHEN I SAY THIS RIGHT?) its a Tarasenko OT winner. Though there were 3 PP goals which don't exist in the playoffs.

HERE WE GO ITS THE BIG GAMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Dallas bests the Preds 3-2. But then COL bests the Wild 6-4. Its a 1 point showdown. I'm dumb, but I THINK wins is the tie-breaker which COL has. Its 81 for Dallas, 80 for COL. If Dallas wins, the move on, period. But if they tie or lose, COL could make the dance for the first time in EHEC history. Glad that's not my sim!
PanthersGM

Re: April 5, 2024

Post by PanthersGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:47 am I'm dumb, but I THINK wins is the tie-breaker which COL has. Its 81 for Dallas, 80 for COL. If Dallas wins, the move on, period. But if they tie or lose, COL could make the dance for the first time in EHEC history. Glad that's not my sim!
From the Rulebook:
Standing tiebreakers will be: 1) most wins; 2) most OT losses; 3) goal differential; 4) most points in season series, excluding the first home game of the team with the most home games if they are not equal; 5) goal differential in season series; 6) a single tiebreaker game, hosted by the team in the division with the most total points, and ending in a shootout if necessary.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Argh ... just dragging out the pain as long as possible.

Wanted: someone to kneecap Daniel Sprong. Must be done in next 24 hours
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

How come did I win with such a lineup??
And 2/3 on the PP.
WTF EHM???

And I just found out new signings are ineligible to play in the playoffs.
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

Back in the playoffs!
NYI GM
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SensGM wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:33 am And I just found out new signings are ineligible to play in the playoffs.
Yah I got that from Dan when I tried a waiver claim :lol:
The-Boss-GM

Post by The-Boss-GM »

Congrats to the Isles.

Just not enough in the tank. ๐Ÿคฎ
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:49 am
SensGM wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:33 am And I just found out new signings are ineligible to play in the playoffs.
Yah I got that from Dan when I tried a waiver claim :lol:
Nooo I was so happy to have Zajac for the playoffs!!

WCF Preview SJS vs LAK pfffft!! Just bring it!!!

GO HAWKS GOOO!!
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Win or lose tomorrow, I think this is the most successful Sharks regular season so far... the other teams had a bunch of shootout wins inflating their totals (though I suppose you can say the expected value for 8 ties is 4 SOW, so only 5 extra points, but meh).

I'll still complain if they blow it, though.
Wiild

Post by Wiild »

Blomqvist is cooked. Glad to have been of service...
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SharksGM wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:38 pm Win or lose tomorrow, I think this is the most successful Sharks regular season so far... the other teams had a bunch of shootout wins inflating their totals (though I suppose you can say the expected value for 8 ties is 4 SOW, so only 5 extra points, but meh).

I'll still complain if they blow it, though.
Didn't you have lidstrom the year you won the cup on a deadline deal? How could you not get ejo from Detroit this year!
TBGM - Geoff

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

Ugh, now I'm down 2 d-men for most of round 1 ๐Ÿ˜ž

Return to โ€œ2023-2024 EHEC Regular Seasonโ€