April 21, 2024

Moderator: SharksGM

DetroitGM

April 21, 2024

Post by DetroitGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Hello eastern conference! Geoff having moved on already takes away the appearance of a conflict of interest, so I offered Dan a break.

Anyway, with their season on the line, the New York Islanders started well, with a Werenski goal halfway through the first period. Kostitsyn and Fantilli added to the lead halfway through the second, giving them a 3-0 lead at 30:19 of the game. Unfortunately, they allowed Lodge to get one back a few minutes later, then Ceulemans and Kassian tied it up in the third.
The first overtime solved nothing, despite the Sens having *three* powerplays, but Slepyshev potted the winner early in the second overtime, 81:24 into the game.
(sidenote: I know some of you say that OT games end on the first shot, but I will point out that the Sens had 7 shots on 4 powerplays... so either they got 7 shots on one powerplay and none on the three in OT, or the game didn't end on the first OT shot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

For reasons that remain unclear, the Rangers decided they would follow their cross-town rivals' lead jumping out to a 2-0 lead less than 2.5min into the game. Eberle got the Habs back in it in the second, then Hayes and Ovechkin put the Habs ahead in the third, with the scoreline reflective of the series.

The Flyers continue to take advantage of the fact that no one seemed to be interested in acquiring Patrick Kane, as he led them to a 3-1 win over the Devils (yes, I know Stamkos had three assists and Kane's goal was in an empty net, shut up)
NYRNYRNYR

Re: April 21, 2024

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Fucking hell. Guys played great, outshot them by 11 shots, shutdown on all the powerplays. Still, not going to win with 2 goals, what are you guys doing.

Well, on the brink in MTL, then back to MSG boys. 1 game at a time.
SensGM

Re: April 21, 2024

Post by SensGM »

Let's goooooooooooooooooooo
GG Chris

Return to “2023-24 EHEC Playoffs”