5QF - 11/18/10 (EHEC Edition)

Moderator: SharksGM

Penguin

5QF - 11/18/10 (EHEC Edition)

Post by Penguin »

1-Which team do you fear the most in the EHEC?

2-Which player(s) would you like to acquire, that will most likely never get traded by their respective team?

3-Do you expect to win the Stanley Cup any time soon? If yes, which year would that be.

4-Do you take care of your AHL team?

5-Who is your personnal favorite player on your team?
Last edited by Penguin on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Montreal Canadiens

Re: 5QF - 11/18/10 (EHEC Edition)

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

It's only Thursday!

1. I don't fear any teams, certainly there are some teams that on paper are better than mine, but I certainly don't fear them.

2. Shea Weber on defense, Steven Stamkos on offense.

3. Perhaps in a couple seasons. Have a decent line-up right now, but certainly missing some pieces to make it a true cup contender.

4. Yes. That's why they are, what? 14-3?

5. Maxim Lapierre.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Whatever!

1. There's not 1 team that I don't feel like I have a chance to beat. Although, Justin(TB) and Timmy Gaw(WSH) give me the biggest struggle.

2. Milan Lucic(BOS), Paul Stastny(COL), Rick Nash(CBS), Zack Kassian(BUF), Scott Hartnell(PHI), Jordan Eberle(EDM) and Paul Ranger(TB).

3. This year would be unprobable, but next year I see myself as *THE* top contender for the next couple years.

4. Nope! I only make sure that Bjugstad, Nemisz and Bishop are getting all the minutes.

5. Shawn Matthias. Nobody knows I got him from Florida as a throw-in and he's had the biggest impact on my team this year. High playmaking, high hitting and high faceoffs = ideal 3rd line center in my books!
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

I wouldn't say "fear", but Tampa and Carolina are my biggest and toughest rivals. It doesn't help that we're all in the same division.

2-Which player(s) would you like to acquire, that will most likely never get traded by their respective team?
Paul Stastny
Cam Fowler
David Krejci

3-Do you expect to win the Stanley Cup any time soon? If yes, which year would that be.
Hopefully this year. My window of contention is slim with my prospects cupboard pretty empty. I was actually more optimistic at this point last year, even with a worse record, but failing in the playoffs brought me back to earth. If my defense can play like they did last year (second least goals against), it'd be a huge help.

Somewhat. As I said, my AHL/prospects are pretty bare. When I do get an NHL-calibre prospect I like to make sure he's fully developed before bringing him up (i.e. Alzner, Holtby, Kugryshev), and that goes somewhat hand-in-hand with keeping a good AHL team.

Ovechkin for the superstar status, Markov because he's a beast on the blueline, and Hejduk since he plays for my favorite NHL team.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

My own.

Some of the ones others have mentioned: Lucic, Weber, Stamkos, Nash, but also Eric Staal, Phaneuf, and maybe Drew Doughty.

Probably not, although if we get hot at the right time, with King Henrik in net, who knows?

Yes and no. I don't build a powerhouse, but I put enough prospects there to make the team competitive and keep the guys developing.

5-Who is your personal favorite player on your team?
Probably Cory Stillman, because he just brings it every night. Who would guess he's scored over a point a game since we got him from FLA last year?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

1-Which team do you fear the most in the EHEC? LA without a doubt.

2-Which player(s) would you like to acquire, that will most likely never get traded by their respective team? Probably Cam Fowler

3-Do you expect to win the Stanley Cup any time soon? If yes, which year would that be. Nah, just happy to field a competitive team

4-Do you take care of your AHL team? Not as well as I should

5-Who is your personnal favorite player on your team? John Moore.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

1: Every game against Calgary is 'guaranteed loss night'.

2: AO, Drew Doughty.

3: Most likely not any time soon.

4: I try to. I added a bunch of pieces over the off-season and they are much improved on last season.

5: MISTER Anderson.
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

Leafs, Isles, Wild, and Avs. Win some games please!

Lucic, Staal(s), Koivu

Nope, a draft or two away plus development time.

Yes, get those draft picks playing.

5-Who is your personal favorite player on your team?

Bogo
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

1. Stupid Kings. Get out of my division! If I had a single star shutdown defenseman I think I'd easily prefer my roster, but those haven't been falling my way.

I guess I should also say Phoenix but we talk/actually trade every once in a while and Parker's not threatening.

2. Chris Pronger. Yeah, I tried. Also Dmitry Kulikov (:roll: at the fact he's been traded twice already)

3. I thought I had a decent chance last year and missed the damn playoffs altogether. This year I expect at the least to cruise through the first round, after which predictions are dicey.

4. Sure, although I've found prospects develop no matter how your farm team is doing. It's more of a source of depth should injuries hit.

5. Logan Couture is a badass. Can't believe I thought of trading him early in the 1st season, I'm fortunate to have not been dumb enough to do that.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Probably LA. There are some real powerhouses in the East too, I just can't really look past the Western Conference at this point.

Jonathan Toews, Henrik Zetterberg.

I'll allow that Phoenix could be a dark horse contender every year, but would likely never be considered the favorite to win.

I try to. I started this season with a surprising shortage of depth at forward that I totally hadn't accounted for, but I do follow farm player development, even the scrubs.

Shane Doan. He's awesome.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

1-Which team do you fear the most in the EHEC? Carolina

2-Which player(s) would you like to acquire, that will most likely never get traded by their respective team? Braydon Coburn

3-Do you expect to win the Stanley Cup any time soon? If yes, which year would that be. I don't expect to win the Stanley Cup, I expect to be competing for it though.

4-Do you take care of your AHL team? Nothing crazy, but ya I like to win.

5-Who is your personnal favorite player on your team? David Clarkson, scored so many big goals last year in the playoffs.
Most recent file here.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

The other 29 teams

Doughty

When I feel like it

Kyle Turris/MA Fleury
Bruins

Post by Bruins »

Rick Nash.

Yes, every year.

I acquire talent for the farm.

Langenbrunner.
FlamesGM

Post by FlamesGM »

Late ringing in on this one, but...

My own... after a start like that and then a terrible fall-off. I have only my own team to fear right now. Aside from that: Washington and LA come to mind.

Patrick Kane? Wouldn't mind having Iginla back.

I don't expect it, but I could see it possibly happening. I'd be lying if the thought didn't fly across my mind during that remarkable start to the year.

Not at all... Half of the team got released in the off-season. Though that was by accident and me not paying attention.

Loktionov. Young and exciting player.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Don't fear me, Varlamov can't even stop a medicine ball.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

AvsGM wrote:2: AO, Drew Doughty.
1 for 2.

Tim Gaw, make it happen!
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

AvsGM wrote:
AvsGM wrote:2: AO, Drew Doughty.
1 for 2.