The Ottawa Senators Gain New Management

Moderator: SharksGM

Senators GM

The Ottawa Senators Gain New Management

Post by Senators GM »

After what could be heralded a disappointing season, the Ottawa Senators have announced the appointment of a new General Manager to oversee the team's operations. Brandon Skiffington was introduced in Canada's capital tonight as the new boss behind a Senators team that currently sits 14 points out of a playoff spot despite bolstering top players like Jason Spezza on the roster. When asked about his future plans for the Senators, Skiffington was unsure at the moment. ''I think that with the way this roster has played this year, there definitely needs to be a change in Ottawa, but what kind of change is yet to be determined. I think that there are two different ways I can take this team. I see them having enough veteran presence and talent to make a playoff push next year with guys like Spezza, Alfredsson and Kovalev still on the roster, but I also see those guys as a few players who could gain valuable returns should we decide to start over from scratch and rebuild the Senators. Me and the rest of the Senators management team will be thinking things over for the remainder of the season, as it's unlikely that we will find ourselves in a playoff spot this far in the year and there's not much we can do now that the deadline has passed. We'll have a clearer idea of the future for the team when the entry draft comes around in June."

Return to “Team News”