Draft preview

Moderator: SharksGM

jamesredwings

Draft preview

Post by jamesredwings »

Here is my best impression of Bob Mckenzie although I have called no GM, yes I have no friends :(

#1 pick from Detroit Red Wings - Larsson or Ryan N.H.?
Wow where do I start, this team is baaaaddd. Wouldn't want to be GM of that team (I was had, yes I had a gun on me and couldn't refuse!!). I know the GM has interviewed the top 5 picks and is hesitating between both. His attempts to trade down with #10 and #27 have failed but we will see on draft day. I would put my money on Larsson.

#2 Minnesota - Larsson or Nugent or Landeskog?
New GM has his work cut out for him. Word his that he will not trade #2 pick or hasn't received a good enough offer. Go for Nugent for offense is badly needed in the twin city. Apparently he is Jacques Lemaire's cousin and his calling him constantly for advice...

#3 Colorado Sean Couturier
Future isn't all that bleak in Colorado, word coming out of Colorado is that getting a good center is a priority. Landeskog is good but Couturier a better fit in Colorado (who doesn't read the Denver Post!)

#4 files says Toronto but isn't it Atlanta?
Reasoning here is that Winnepeg is shopping around #4 overall to get more picks. Both teams have good young players but lack depth. Whoever is left from all those good centers is the pick. Could land Landeskog if they still have the pick. Other rumour his that lack of identity (and last name) might prevent team from concentrating and miss deadline due to snow in.

#5 NyIsles
Already have Tavares so a Defensemen could finally be picked here. A goaltender woudl do wonders for this team though. G Morrisson, hellberg, Perhonen, anything but Biron!

#6 FLorida
Surely a team that could move to Quebec city has to pick Huberdeau n'est-ce pas? Vas-y Tabarn%$#@

#7 Ottawa
What happened there are not that bad? Word is Jack Layton wants Zibanejad to play with Alfrdesson

#8 Toronto, Atlanta?
Trade, cmon trade that pick I dare you

#9 New Jersey
Tons of good players still left but a defenseman or the next Brodeur is my pick and a change of jersey colors would also help.

#10 Detroit again
If larsson was picked then a forward is definitely here but every knows that this pick is available to trade down. Watch a team with no good picks to take this one. No, that won't happen my wife says...

#1 Larsson
#2 Ryan NH
#3 Couturier
#4 Landeskog
#5 Perhonen
#6 Huberdeau
#7 Zibanejad
#8 some D who knows?!?
#9 Morrisson
#10 Namestkinov or some russian (no way I am picking a Russian!)
Virtual Jarmo

Re: Draft preview

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Atlanta/Winnipeg has the 4 because New Jersey won the real life lottery and they had the 8th pick. EHM doesn't understand the lottery hence why I have to enter the draft myself. Atlanta/Winnipeg goes back to the 8th pick of each of the other six rounds.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

It will be a strange draft if a goalie goes in the top 10 and/or John Gibson isn't the first to be picked.
jamesredwings

Post by jamesredwings »

I mistook John Gibson with john Gibbons former manager of the Blue Jays therefore I avoided him!
jamesredwings

Post by jamesredwings »

Let's compare my predictions to reality :

1. Philadelphia Flyers (via Detroit Red Wings) - Adam Larsson, D, Skelleftea (SWE) - my prediction Larsson

2. Minnesota Wild - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, C, Red Deer Rebels (WHL) - my prediction Ryan N-H that's 2 in a row!

3. Colorado Avalanche - Gabriel Landeskog, LW, Kitchener Rangers (OHL) - Couturier he fooled me!

4. Winnipeg Jets - Sean Couturier, C, Drummondville Voltigeurs (QMJHL) - my prediction Landeskog close

5. Toronto Maple Leafs - Jonathan Huberdeau, C, Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL) - predicted a goaltender

6. Detroit Red Wings (via New York Islanders) - Dougie Hamilton, D, Niagara IceDogs (OHL) - predicted Couturier but he was gone

7. Florida Panthers - John Gibson, G, US NTDP - had the goaltender at 5, I was close

8. Ottawa Senators - Mika Zibanejad, C, Djurgardens (SEL) - had Ziba at 7 , thought he would go for Dougie but Detroit fooled me

9. New Jersey Devils - Tyler Biggs, RW, US NTDP - Thought he would go for a goaltender (maybe later?)

10. New York Islanders (via Detroit Red Wings, via Anaheim Ducks) - Ryan Strome, C, Niagara IceDogs (OHL) - traded by Detroit

Boy was I terrible!
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

SharksGM wrote:It will be a strange draft if a goalie goes in the top 10 and/or John Gibson isn't the first to be picked.
So, is it a strange draft?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

CapsGM wrote:
SharksGM wrote:It will be a strange draft if a goalie goes in the top 10 and/or John Gibson isn't the first to be picked.
So, is it a strange draft?
Definitely not who I'd have expected to take Gibson.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Me neither.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

best player available, to my extreme detriment.

Return to “Team News”