Dallas Morning News

Moderator: SharksGM

Oilers_GM

Dallas Morning News

Post by Oilers_GM »

For all your information about your Dallas Stars!
Oilers_GM

Re: Dallas Morning News

Post by Oilers_GM »

The Dallas Stars announced the hiring of new General Manager Chris K.

"I'm pleased to be taking the reins of this organization and be at the forefront of bringing a championship back to Dallas," the new GM stated at the press conference today.

"Chris brings a knowledge of the game and a commitment that has been proven in the past. We think we've made the right decision today" stated the ownership group in a written statement that was read by Communication & Public Relations Director Joe Niewendyk.

- Joe Filmore
Dallas Morning News
Oilers_GM

Stars to Strut New Jerseys for 2009-10 Season

Post by Oilers_GM »

Dallas - Joe Filmore

At a highly publicized press conference this morning outside City Hall, the Dallas Stars finally unveiled their hyped up new jersey design.
Designed by Matt Kauzlarich. http://matthiason.deviantart.com/ The design is a bold step away from the teams Minnesota roots. Mike Modano is the only active player still on the Stars roster that played for the North Stars team.

Reaction from the fans was very positive, many heading straight for the Star Store that was temporarily set up in the City Hall courtyard to grab the new duds.

"It's awesome, much more powerful" said James Whitney.

"Different and I like it" said Sue Barnes. "It was time for a change."

The team has retired their former jerseys.

*aside - I know I can't literally change the teams jerseys, just thought these were a good step forward and logos do change once in a while.
* I'm hosting these off site so as not to kill space

Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

Awesome job with the logo/jerseys, those look phenomenal.
shanYe - Predators

Post by shanYe - Predators »

Yeah that guy does great work with jerseys and logos.

You should see what he did for the ducks and other clubs.

http://www.icethetics.info/ theirs a link to all the work he's done. Some of his best work is really hidden in random corners of the site.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

I like the home and road unis, but the third jersey looks like a spinoff Predators jersey.

Also can't help thinking "Dallas Stars Steak House" when I see the logo. ;)
Oilers_GM

Post by Oilers_GM »

Trade Winds Starting to Blow in the Big D

Rumors are stirring that Dallas is sending two big name players to a yet unnamed team in return for a first rounder and a young player. General Manager Chris K was asked about the rumors and stated that they were only rumors and any unofficial reports should not be taken seriously.

"We've got a good core of players here who enjoy playing here." Dallas Captain Brenden Morrow stated. "I know I've been itching to get back to the ice. Practices just arn't the same." The Winger is expected to play tomorrow against the Los Angles Kings has been sidelined since the preseason with a bruised thigh. "As for trades well they are part of the job, and as players we focus on our job, playing hockey. That's the GM's job."

Return to “Team News”