NFL will have a season!

Moderator: SharksGM

SabresGM

NFL will have a season!

Post by SabresGM »

So it appears the NFL will in fact have a season. Free agency will start friday.Who else is as excited as I am about this? Who's your team? Anyone play fantasy football?

I'm a devout NY Giants fan and I expect big things from them this year. With them finishing 10-6 last year and not making the playoffs should really fuel them. Don't get me started on the Eagles game.
Virtual Jarmo

Re: NFL will have a season!

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Browns.

Yes on fantasy football. We'll get an EHEC league together this year. Looks like we should have a little more interest.

More of a college fan than a NFL fan. But, that said, I do watch nearly every Browns game and follow the others for fantasy purposes.

Probably doesn't help that the Browns have had one playoff team in forever and blew a huge lead in that game.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

Elway? ;) I feel really bad for Browns fans to be honest
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SabresGM wrote:Elway? ;) I feel really bad for Browns fans to be honest
Feel bad for Cleveland fans in general. 3 major sports teams and no titles since 1964.

Wasn't old enough for Elway.

Most of my heartbreak is baseball-related.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

Even thought im Canadian from Montreal, I think I'm more of a NFL fan than an NHL fan. I'm a die hard Steelers fan. Actually I'm going to see my first ever NFL game on october 9th, going to Pittsburgh to see Steelers vs Titans :D
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

NashvilleGM wrote:Even thought im Canadian from Montreal, I think I'm more of a NFL fan than an NHL fan. I'm a die hard Steelers fan. Actually I'm going to see my first ever NFL game on october 9th, going to Pittsburgh to see Steelers vs Titans :D
Driving?
Adam Burke
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

SUPER BOWL CHAMPION Green Bay Packers.

Not really into fantasy football, but it'll be good to have the NFL back. Except for Al Michaels, that is.
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
NashvilleGM wrote:Even thought im Canadian from Montreal, I think I'm more of a NFL fan than an NHL fan. I'm a die hard Steelers fan. Actually I'm going to see my first ever NFL game on october 9th, going to Pittsburgh to see Steelers vs Titans :D
Driving?
Probably not, I'll drive for 2 weeks in Portugal so when I come back from there, I'll try and stay far from the car.. But my plane tickets arent bought yet. Nothing sure yet
Parker

Post by Parker »

I used to be a Lions fan, but it got too painful. Now it looks like they might be starting to turn things around, but I can't bring myself to give a shit. :P
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

I've been a Broncos/NFL fan longer than I've been a Canucks/NHL fan but I love the NHL more. :lol:

I also like the Seahawks, I've gone to two of their games in the last 3 years. Home Opener against STL two years ago and I went to the Wild Card game against New Orleans last year(What a fucken game)

I'm concerned about how many players might be out of shape and the potential for a shit load of injuries at the start of the season. Anyone confirm if they've dropped two a day practices?
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

TorontoGM wrote:I've been a Broncos/NFL fan longer than I've been a Canucks/NHL fan but I love the NHL more. :lol:

I also like the Seahawks, I've gone to two of their games in the last 3 years. Home Opener against STL two years ago and I went to the Wild Card game against New Orleans last year(What a fucken game)

I'm concerned about how many players might be out of shape and the potential for a shit load of injuries at the start of the season. Anyone confirm if they've dropped two a day practices?
Must of been nuts in THAT stadium
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

SabresGM wrote:
TorontoGM wrote:I've been a Broncos/NFL fan longer than I've been a Canucks/NHL fan but I love the NHL more. :lol:

Must of been nuts in THAT stadium
I've never heard anything so fucken loud in my life. hahaha
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

NashvilleGM wrote:Probably not, I'll drive for 2 weeks in Portugal so when I come back from there, I'll try and stay far from the car.. But my plane tickets arent bought yet. Nothing sure yet
I'd be an hour and a half out of the way, but supposedly, if Tim doesn't bitch out, him and Quinn will be in town that weekend to hang out.

If you drove, you'd take the QEW in to Buffalo, take 90 to 79 and then 79 goes straight south in to Pittsburgh. If you stayed on 90, you'd be in Cleveland in about an hour and 15 minutes. Then it's two hours from here to Pittsburgh.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

TorontoGM wrote:I'm concerned about how many players might be out of shape and the potential for a shit load of injuries at the start of the season. Anyone confirm if they've dropped two a day practices?
First couple weeks will be really, really sloppy. Lots of bad football. The linemen are what I'd be worried about. In free agency, I'd spend money to make my team at least 8 guys deep on the OL and 6 or 7 (based on 4-3/3-4) deep on the DL. Sucks to use 15/53 roster spots on linemen, but I think they're a huge concern early in the year.
Adam Burke
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

I'm more of an NFL fan as well. It's just awesome, nothing beats playoff football.

The Steelers are a complete garbage team. Giants suck.

My favourite team is the Eagles, but I cheer heavily for the Seahawks as well being our closest team.

I went to the home opener few years back too, but not the Wild Card game I went to the Week 17 game against STL though, because that was a for sure happening hame haha.

My brother's favourite team is the Rams, so every year we go down and see them in Seattle. We've gone 3 years I believe, and STL has never scored a touchdown, includng being beat by Charlie Whitehurst lol.

I've been to GM Place for playoff games, been to lots of concerts, and by far, Qwest Field is the absolutely loudest place I've ever been too. You can hear the place from blocks away.

It is so loud when the other team has the ball, I swear people just yell random words and stuff lol.
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:

I'm more of an NFL fan as well. It's just awesome, nothing beats playoff football.

The Steelers are a complete garbage team. Giants suck.

My favourite team is the Eagles, but I cheer heavily for the Seahawks as well being our closest team.

I went to the home opener few years back too, but not the Wild Card game I went to the Week 17 game against STL though, because that was a for sure happening hame haha.

My brother's favourite team is the Rams, so every year we go down and see them in Seattle. We've gone 3 years I believe, and STL has never scored a touchdown, includng being beat by Charlie Whitehurst lol.

I've been to GM Place for playoff games, been to lots of concerts, and by far, Qwest Field is the absolutely loudest place I've ever been too. You can hear the place from blocks away.

It is so loud when the other team has the ball, I swear people just yell random words and stuff lol.
Sounds just like an eagles fan
Montreal Canadiens

If the Giants didn't suck, they'd make the playoffs........

I know the word is unfamiliar lately to the Giants.
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

Do you really wanna start this? When's the last time the Eagles have won anything? They're notorious chokers. I rest my case :lol:
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SabresGM wrote:When's the last time the Eagles have won anything?
Their fans usually win the Biggest Collection of Assholes in the NFL on a yearly basis.
Adam Burke
Montreal Canadiens

SabresGM wrote:Do you really wanna start this? When's the last time the Eagles have won anything? They're notorious chokers. I rest my case :lol:
You could start with the Division Title.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Shame, it looks like the Cards were counting on there not being a 2011-12 season... how important are quarterbacks?
Parker

Post by Parker »

SabresGM wrote:Do you really wanna start this? When's the last time the Eagles have won anything? They're notorious chokers. I rest my case :lol:
Don McNabb playing sick as a dog and puking between possessions, that faggot (very talented faggot) Terrell Owens playing on an only partially-healed broken leg and the Eagles STILL almost winning the game doesn't qualify as choking to most people. :P

For what it's worth, they DESTROYED the Packers on their way to that Super Bowl appearance.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Jungle Cats wrote:Shame, it looks like the Cards were counting on there not being a 2011-12 season... how important are quarterbacks?
Kyle Orton is on the trading block! 8-)
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Oy.

Good thing I only cheer for them because they suck.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Maybe they could convince Joey Harrington to come out of retirement. Prove all the critics wrong once and for all. :)
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

I heard Kevin Kolb might be going to Arizona. Or theres always McNabb
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Kolb for DRC would be the best possible outcome. 'Course, anything's better than Derek Anderson.
Montreal Canadiens

Kolb sucks from what Iv'e seen from him. He'll throw 400 yards but 2 TD and 4 INT. He needs a lot of work before he'll be a dependable starter (if he ever gets there). I'm glad the Seahawks didn't pay a 1st round pick to get him.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:Kolb sucks from what Iv'e seen from him. He'll throw 400 yards but 2 TD and 4 INT. He needs a lot of work before he'll be a dependable starter (if he ever gets there). I'm glad the Seahawks didn't pay a 1st round pick to get him.
He's Jeff George.

But he's still better than Derek Anderson. I'm a better quarterback than Derek Anderson. Saw plenty of him in Cleveland. Guy has a powerful arm but you might as well build a rock quarry in his head. Complete dumbass. Terri Schiavo on her deathbed was more mobile than Derek Anderson.
Adam Burke
Parker

Post by Parker »

Stephen Hawking is more mobile.
Parker

Post by Parker »

And I mean without the robot wheelchair.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Maybe you guys need to get FAVRED!

No....I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bub(NYR) wrote:Maybe you guys need to get FAVRED!

No....I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies.
Brady Quinn. Kelly Holcomb. Spergon Wynn. Tim Couch. Derek Anderson. Jeff Garcia. Charlie Frye.

I know I'm forgetting someone from the carnival of suck, but Brett Favre would have been Joe Montana to us.
Adam Burke
Parker

Post by Parker »

Isn't Favre like 60 years old?
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Ryan Leaf? David Carr? Cade McNown? Akili Smith? :lol:
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Thaw out Kurt Warner.
Montreal Canadiens

Vikings got 7 years younger at QB today by getting McNabb over Favre. He's got plenty of gas left, but now that Sidney Rice is a member of the Seattle Seahawks (insert jumping for excitement here) McNabb's job get's a whole lot tougher. Guaranteed teams are going to have 8 in the box non stop vs the Vikes.

Also Kolb for DRC is apparently a done deal, will be announced tomorrow or Friday once physicals and all that nonsense are done. I quite like the move for the Eagles, I'm a big fan of DRC, and he'll complement Samuel quite nicely. Would have liked Asomugha, but the price on him is probably $15M a season.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Yeah, DRC's a keeper... and the Cardinals can't seem to keep anybody. No more Breaston... :oops: Actually quite amazed Fitzgerald's still around.
Montreal Canadiens

^Me too, to be honest. Especially with Boldin leaving, Warner leaving, and all the change over there. It's only a matter of time in my opinion if ARI doesn't right the ship there.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

bleah. still not sure why it was the Cards who had to add in that deal...
Montreal Canadiens

Asomugha & Cromartie headed to Philly. How you Giants fans feeling now??

WOOOOO. Good luck Eli. You're gonna need it bud.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

What's the point of having a superstar CB ride the bench? They have 3 now...
Montreal Canadiens

None of them will ride the bench. I'm suspecting we'll see DRC at safety. A lot of the time 3 corners are on the field.

Return to “The Sports Bar”