Detroit news

Moderator: SharksGM

jamesredwings

Detroit news

Post by jamesredwings »

2 games left in October (brrrr getting colder up here). Sitting at 5W and 2L so worst would be 5-4 record

'Last year, if you would have told me we'd be at least 5-4 at the end of october 2011, I would have laughed at you' said the new Detroit GM. "We have a game against the hot Sharks Friday and back to Minnesota on Saturday. If we do not win at least one of the two, I might fire an assistant coach" (see how ridiculous this sounds Pierre Gauthier?).

After two losses in a row, rumours are already spreading about an impeding trade. "Right now, i will not comment on a possible trade" said the GM hard pressed by the local media.

Speculation that talks have been open for draft picks and names like Mitchell, Umberger have surfaced (no not Zherdev though..).

"The only thing I will say is that we are really struggling with the penalty kill so we could use center help, D and maybe goaltending too."

Both goaltenders are struggling but lack of defense is surely the cause.

Keep listening for more coverage from Hockeytown
jamesredwings

Re: Detroit news

Post by jamesredwings »

After Lombardi was K.O. for the entire season, the software ( I mean the team) started to crumble from lower playoff push to just underneath the playoff sink. A few days later, team MVP to be Mike Richards got hurt and down we went down with the bungee cord...

After a month without important injuries, the team is back on the short term winning track with a few ties and wins. Most notable wins against Phoenix and the rival Colombus NTZ Jackets. Weird thing was that those wins came with backup AHL goaltender ?!?$.

What`s up with that?

Anyhou, with a couple of 3 and 4 goal games, Correy Perry finally scored 20 goals+ and is starting to look like his old self again.

Detroit has 25M coming off the cap with only Mike Green set to resign and a good chunk of draft picks including 2 first rounders in 2013 is enough to make the GM look forward. The last of the last place Wings are set to go away for good leaving tons of $$$ for an impact player or 2 (or 3,4,5,6,7,8,9...)

Green, Perry are really the only untouchables but the team does not expect anything interesting to happen at the deadline unless someone with Cap problems feels like dumping a good but expensive player at a decent price.

Or maybe Backstrom at a very decent salary would be the only one that could attract some attention but the GM would like to be patient considering Backies young age.

Offseason needs: amazing D and goaltending with a #2 center at the draft. (hey I believe in Santa)

Enough about me, what`s going on with you guys? Hey I come there are no girls in this league ? ;)

Return to “Team News”