Neutral Zone Trap Poll

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

Neutral Zone Trap Poll

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

All votes are to be PMed to me using the subject: NZT Poll.

They must be PMed because I don't know how to change the poll voting to keep GMs from changing their vote.

Do not post your thoughts or opinions in this thread. I don't want anyone's mind to be swayed based on the information presented here. Questions only if the poll choices are unclear.

Your vote is final. You cannot change your vote. You can select one of these four options or refrain from voting. No write-in options are permitted.

Here are your choices:

A. No NZT allowed for FIRST LINE ONLY.

B. A line with an average OF of 74.5 or higher cannot be a trap line. (Adding the OF of the 3 forwards and dividing by 3)

C. Both A & B

D. To be determined restrictions on NZT AND H&G collectively, regarding shift lengths and number of lines using tactics.

E. No rule changes made regarding NZT.

ALL VOTES ARE DUE BY FRIDAY AT 10 PM EST.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Re: Neutral Zone Trap Poll

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

9 votes so far. Would love to get 20 by Friday.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bump. Votes due by tonight at 10.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tallying the votes now. They're really split over all 5 choices. May have to eliminate some options and do another poll. There's no majority here.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

A: IIII (4)
B: I (1)
C: IIII (4)
D: IIII (4)
E: IIIIII (6)

Because the majority of the votes, 13 of 19, want changes to NZT, I will do another poll with fewer NZT rule change options and another option to vote no changes. I cannot take the opinions of 6 of 19 and declare them the winner. That option had the most votes, but only because votes were split on the options that wanted to change NZT.

Some of the votes in favor of change of NZT policies came from teams who are currently trapping multiple lines or have trapped multiple lines in the past.

I will consult with Ryan and Tommy and we will evaluate which choices to keep and ways to improve on the possible options. Especially, giving exact restrictions for poll option D, if we decide to keep that one open for voting.

Again, I will ask that you please refrain from commenting in this thread until after a final decision has been reached.
Adam Burke

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”