Boston Herald - Leib Hires Two Legends

Moderator: SharksGM

Bruins

Boston Herald - Leib Hires Two Legends

Post by Bruins »

BOSTON, MA (CNN) -- There is a new attitude in the Boston that would gain praise from Eddie Shore himself.

A month into his tenure, Michael Leib has made his first move by hiring Bobby Orr and Don Cherry as Special Assistants to the President of Hockey Operations. Although neither will be officially tied to the Bruins.

Contracts with CBC (Cherry) other hockey entities (Player Representation; Orr) did not permit the Boston Bruins organization to officially name Cherry or Orr to their team. Leib improvised by hiring them himself. "I put them on my own personal payroll, instead of the team's. I was talking to Bill Bellichick last night and we discussed the finer points of today's premier professional sports franchises."

Bruins' owner Jeremy Jacobs supported his PHO. "This is his hire, they are on his payroll. We have given Mr. Leib full control of hockey operations. We trust his decision making."

Leib later boasted of team; "The Patriots, Celtics, and Red Sox have modern day dynasties. The Bruins are back, this is the best hockey team in Boston since Esposito and Orr."

Both Orr and Cherry have confirmed the report and are expected to make frequent appearances at the rink.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Team News”