Detroit moves again

Moderator: SharksGM

jamesredwings

Detroit moves again

Post by jamesredwings »

2012-2013 Season:

Superstar player, goaltender and a new D are offseason objectives for Detroit GM. Some of those objectives might already be achieved a few days after the reopening of the trade deadline.

Showcasing Tarasenko in AHL, picking Dougie Hamilton at #6 in 2011 along with trading Adam Larsson for Mike Richards could setup one of the most potent lines in the new CBA era. (Yeah and we have to give up #6 again this year.)

Ovechkin - Richards - Perry !!!!!!!!!! all in their mid 20`s toooooooo!!!!

Detroit was also looking at Cory Schneider for months. "We knew he was stuck in a backup role. We know we are taking a chance at him but we feel he can become a #1 for us."

Rumors :
Dan Cleary wants to come back to his Detroit career roots. Calgary was aked if Phaneuf would be available but Perry came back as price tag. Backstrom is being shopped with next years #1 pick for a good D to play with Mike Green. Many GM's are asking for Perry and Richards but run away when the moon is asked in return.

Others
On another note, dealing with GM's this year has been much more pleasant than last year. Maybe because I was a rookie and people were trying to take advantage. But I think it`s more that the bad apples have been rooted out!

Conclusion:
All of this of course is and dare I say it : Pending commitee approval, closest thing to God I have ever been :)

Return to “Team News”