The Denver Post

Moderator: SharksGM

GM Office Q

The Denver Post

Post by GM Office Q »

DENVER, CO - Many Avalanche players took the ice at Pepsi Center on Thursday in what appeared to be a full practise, despite not having played a game in over two months. "We're getting pretty bored of golfing," stated young star Gabriel Landeskog, the player who is believed to have arranged the scrimmage, "we just want to get back on the ice. Plus, this is the off season. We want to take advantage of our infinite EN."

Heading in to the draft, the Avs have been actively re-signing players. Young star and life-long Avalanche fan Matt Duchene was awarded with a hefty raise at $5,200,000. When asked what he would do with a budget over five times what he previously made, he responded with two words: facebook shares. Ryan O'Reilly also received a raise as he will make just under $2,000,000 next season. Other players to be re-signed include long time Av John-Michael Liles who was recently taken to cut-back arbitration and was awarded a contract of $3,500,000, Andy McDonald, Danny Markov and Scottie Upshall who were each extended for a year all at nearly the same salary, and Anton Lander who was extended with some bonuses. Mike Comrie has not yet been approached, and Barret Jackman will not be re-signed.

The General Manager of the Avs hinted that they might have a slightly different look, but that the concept of the team remains the same, especially with EHEC expected to implement rules in order to increase scoring and reduce trapping. The Avs currently own the third overall pick in the upcoming draft, and with talent like Yakupov, Grigorenko, Murray, Forsberg, Galenchyuk and Gaunce available, the Avs are almost guaranteed to select a player who can make a near-immediate impact.

Ryan O'Reilly, clearly grateful with his recent pay increase, was seen leaving Pepsi Center much quicker than usual in a brand new Ferrari F430.
GM Office Q

Re: The Denver Post

Post by GM Office Q »

DENVER, CO - Gabriel Landeskog, the brightest part of a young Avalanche team last season, was given his captain's jersey by head coach Patrick Roy on Saturday before their game against the Nashville Predators.

Landeskog becomes one of the youngest captains in NHL history, following a trend by the Chicago Blackhawks with Jonathan Toews and the Pittsburgh Penguins with Sidney Crosby.

"(The captain) should be somebody with a significant role on the team, probably on the top two lines," said Roy, who is the winningest goaltender in franchise history.

"He's going to be, in my mind, the franchise player for a long time," Milan Hejduk said. "He's young, but he's got a good head on his shoulders. I think the organization is in good hands."

“I'm so humbled and grateful for this opportunity, and what an honor to follow the footsteps of the past captains for the Avs. I couldn't be more excited and I'm truly looking forward to the challenge. Thank you all for the kind words and the support!” Landeskog said, via his official Twitter account (@GabeLandeskog92).

Landeskog, 19, is currently leading the Avalanche in scoring with 9 points in 7 games. "It's nice," Landeskog stated in a previous interview, "we've changed our culture this year to more of an all-out offensive approach. It's a lot of fun with the guys."
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

DENVER, CO - In what was one of the most bizarre occurrences in the history of the league, it is apparent that the Northwest Division has been won in November.

At least, that's what a team in the division believes.

"I received a strange message," the spokesperson for the Colorado Avalanche revealed, "that 'clearly' our team does not have a shot at winning the division."

It is rumored that the message originated from a team that appears to still be bitter that it's laughable trade proposal was rejected by the Avalanche.

"Are we happy with our performance thus far? Of course not," the Avalanche stated, "but to claim that our team is out of the race in November is ridiculous, especially when you consider over half of the small sample size was played without Matt Duchene, Drew Doughty, Ryan O'Reilly, and also for a portion without Zach Parise."

"We haven't figured out why anyone would waste their time sending such a message, but we find the timing to be interesting given tonight will represent the first game all year we'll play at full strength, save for Ryan O'Reilly. We had a nice laugh. They know we're coming."
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

You mean Julien managed to offer you a package even worse than the one from Justin? Impressive.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

SharksGM wrote:You mean Julien managed to offer you a package even worse than the one from Justin? Impressive.
Last edited by Penguin on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'm not one posting shit about other GMs on my team news while I'm 3rd last in the league.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

I have no clue as to why my name was even brought up here!!??

The Northwest Division is heating up!
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

SharksGM wrote:I'm not one posting shit about other GMs on my team news while I'm 3rd last in the league.
I can't think of a single guy who cares about what you think. At least my sarcastic post generated some response.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

AvsGM wrote:
SharksGM wrote:I'm not one posting shit about other GMs on my team news while I'm 3rd last in the league.
I can't think of a single guy who cares about what you think. At least my sarcastic post generated some response.
Well since nobody cares about my response, I guess your original post must have been equally worthless. But I'll give you the credit you deserve, you certainly have cojones to be calling out other teams for ridiculous trade proposals, real or otherwise.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Getting a bit Donald Trump-y in here.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

That was... I will say I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would.
Parker

Post by Parker »

When you're trying to link a YouTube video, you only have to include the index number (the part after the "v=") between the tags, not the entire URL.
Parker

Post by Parker »

And in regards to the actual video, I'm like wow, it's like the return of Organized Rhymes.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Penguin wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74TFS8r_SMI[/youtube]
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Not the best song, but so catchy. I forgot you guys are all old farts. :D Thanks for the clarification on youtube, though.

Return to “Team News”