5QF - 9/14/12

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

5QF - 9/14/12

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

1. Who is your favorite player on your EHEC team?

2. If anything, what would you walk 500 miles for?

3. Create a math problem and make the person under you answer it.

4. What returning fall show are you most excited for? What new fall show are you most excited for?

5. Tell me something I don't know about you.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
CapsGM

Re: 5QF - 9/14/12

Post by CapsGM »

An EHEC Stanley Cup?

Consider the function f (x, y) = x^3 + yx^2 − 2xy − y − 1
(a) What is the Gradient vector of this function?
(b) What is the Hessian matrix of this function?
(c) Is this function concave at the points x = 1 and y = 1?
(d) Find the total differential of the function.

4. What returning fall show are you most excited for? What new fall show are you most excited for?

Modern Family. Not watching anything new at the moment.

I have a three-digit bank account figure right now.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:1. Who is your favorite player on your EHEC team?

1. JAROME IGINLA
2. For my cousin Pat who died of cancer to come back to life.
3. Fuck off Tim!! :lol: What is the derivative of x^5?
4. Occupation Double. French reality show about forming couples and winning a big house. Everyone in Quebec watches it (don't lie CGY, LA & NSH!).
5. I hate snakes, public speaking and I play against guys from the NHL/AHL in my summer hockey league.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

1. Dalton Smith
2. Nick Diaz vs GSP, DON't BE SCARED HOMIE
3. Wtf is derivative? whats 2+2?
4. I dont really watch TV
5. I've been working in a daycare p/t the last 3 months and am doing placement in a elementary school x2 a week.
Most recent file here.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:5. I've been working in a daycare p/t the last 3 months
Who the fuck would let you watch children?
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

1. Erik Cole, but like the guy above me I'd trade anyone for the right price. Actually I meant Justin, but Adam fits the bill too.
2. Utopia.
3. 2+2=lim x as x->4. Now prove Fermat's last theorem in 10 lines or fewer. As an alternative, tell me how many digits long Tim's bank balance is in binary and hex.
4. Mad Men, Game of Thrones and Community. But mostly I want the last Mad Men season to show up on Netflix, the hell is it taking so long?
5. I am full of surprises.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

1. Taylor Hall

2. I'd walk 804 KM for free tickets to the 2014 WC in Brazil.

3. pass

4. Boardwalk Empire, and hopefully Community isn't shit without Dan Marmon(Probably will). Slight interest in the new series Revolution, but it'll probably be cancelled halfway through like Terra Nova. :lol:

5. I rape at ball hockey.
Last edited by TorontoGM on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
He never said anything about being allowed to watch them.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

1- Brickles

2- Initially, I'm thinking, well, lots of stuff, but I guess carrying provisions would weary me of any enthusiasm. Hey, these are literal times. I guess if it's a matter of 'hey, you - walk 500 miles,' I'd do it for a modest reward. A book deal?

3- I got a C+ in Math 11 and was lucky to get that. Haven't touched the stuff in years. No go. Stats only.

4- Community, even if its DNA has been altered. Parks and Recreation, as it decays. Archer, Louie (which is on now). New shows? Revolution looks... well, disappointing already. Just so crazy it might work? Last Resort. Look at this bananas shit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCY9bJvjd20

5- I'm full of tinier men.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
Ahahahahaha, exact reason I posted that. :lol:
Most recent file here.
DallasSean

Post by DallasSean »

SharksGM wrote:1. Erik Cole, but like the guy above me I'd trade anyone for the right price. Actually I meant Justin, but Adam fits the bill too.
2. Utopia.
3. 2+2=lim x as x->4. Now prove Fermat's last theorem in 10 lines or fewer. As an alternative, tell me how many digits long Tim's bank balance is in binary and hex.
4. Mad Men, Game of Thrones and Community. But mostly I want the last Mad Men season to show up on Netflix, the hell is it taking so long?
5. I am full of surprises.

1) Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson.
2) People tell me I look like the Proclaimers, so I'd walk five hundred miles and I'd walk five hundred more to be the man who puts a bomb underneath their car.
3) 2+2 = lim x as x->4
lim x = lime x - e
4 + e = lime x
lime = (4+e)/x
lime ~ 6.718/x or x = 6.718/lime
7-Up = lemon/lime or lime = lemon/7-Up
x = 6.718*7-Up/lemon
x = 47-Up/lemon

That should do it

4) game of thrones GAME OF THROOOOONES
5) I'm posting this from outside your window
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Game of Thrones doesn't come out until March 13th. :lol: ........... :cry:
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

TorontoGM wrote:Game of Thrones doesn't come out until March 13th. :lol: ........... :cry:
this

I classify it as a spring show. I think Archer isn't back until January as well.
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

Sean Couturier. 2011 draft target way before his creation.

A glimpse into what happens after death.

How many outs are in an inning?

Glee! *Sarcasm* Misses the days of Boy Meets World and TGIF.

I fractured my wrist in 5th grade and had foot surgery in 6th derailing my destiny to have a Keith Van Horn type NBA career.
Femur

Post by Femur »

Raman "Noodles" Hrabarenka. and eff off Justin with your Dalton Smith

i met a woman this weekend that was the embodiment of the girl on the hood of the car in the WHITESNAKE video. i mean everything about her was beyond lovely. i am renewed. the short answer is i would walk 500 miles and drag my dick through broken glass just to finger her shadow.

answer to Tommy's is (usually) 3 (reasoning: the Yankees often get as many as they need...for example, they got credit this year against the Tribe for a ball that was caught by a fan). my question for the next guy is what is 4 X 4 - 4 + 4 X 4 = ? (just saw that on FB, and don't want to "like" to find out answer. hopefully, y'all know it)

MLB playoffs and Marquette basketball

in my mind, this is me
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

1. Gabriel Landeskog. He's also my favorite player in the NHL.
2. A spot in the EHEC playoffs.
3. 28, nothing too surprising. What is the change in velocity achieved by a solid rocket that loses 77% of its mass during a burn from Earth?
4. I don't really care about any TV show, so I'll go with the Big Bang Theory, despite missing probably 20 episodes of last season.
Penguin wrote:5. I hate snakes, public speaking and I play against guys from the NHL/AHL in my summer hockey league.
5. I'd say most of us knew that - I lost count of how many times you told us you played against some guy who was drafted this year. :lol: Jamie Benn was one of my room mates for the BC U17 tournament. I've known him and his family through playing hockey on the Island since peewee.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

1. King Henrik. Although it'll be Ryan McDonagh as soon as I trade Lundqvist.*

2. Dunno. A million bucks?

What is the change in velocity achieved by a solid rocket that loses 77% of its mass during a burn from Earth?
Considerable, I'm guessing. Next: Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, and Donald Fehr are having dinner together. The check comes to $137.89. Does anyone give a fuck how they split it?

4. My guilty pleasure, despite it being oh so bad: Once Upon a Time. Gonna try out a few new shows this year, like Last Resort and Elementary, and maybe Hunted. (Hello, Melissa George.)

5. I got promoted this summer. Now 75% of my day is spent in meetings and answering emails.

* - Ha! Made you look. Not gonna happen.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

AvsGM wrote:5. I'd say most of us knew that - I lost count of how many times you told us you played against some guy who was drafted this year. :lol: Jamie Benn was one of my room mates for the BC U17 tournament. I've known him and his family through playing hockey on the Island since peewee.
Let me just enjoy it a bit I'm proud!! :D And, you had told me about Benn too! Prospect Mark Barberio (Tampa Bay Lightining) had 6pts as a D, made me look like a little peewee out there last week. Dirtyyy player.

I was about to PM you Pat -_-
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I love them all like children.

Las Vegas.

Next: Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, and Donald Fehr are having dinner together. The check comes to $137.89. Does anyone give a fuck how they split it?
Bill Daly has already "gone to the bathroom" to walk out on the check. Gary Bettman offers to leave the tip as Donald Fehr takes his company credit card out. The waitress brings back the receipt and Bettman leaves a $5 tip, writing "As an employee of this establishment, you should have been responsible for 7% of this tab" on the back. Bettman and Fehr have to take public transportation back to their hotel because Daly drove by, splashing water onto them from a curbside puddle, screaming "SEE YOU LATER, SUCKERS!" out the window.

How is a pitcher's ERA calculated?

Homeland. By far. After that, Bones, Big Bang Theory, and I watch a lot of college football. As for a new show, haven't seen any that interest me yet.

My first girlfriend works at the bar that Jennifer and I go play trivia at. I've been there six or seven times and we've had one uncomfortable conversation, even though we "dated" when we were both in eighth grade.
Adam Burke
Parker

Post by Parker »

DOAN DOAN DOAN DOAN DOAN DOAN DOAN.

I have a bunch of favorites, including almost my entire 2010 draft class and anyone named Vladislav. I also can't help but have a soft spot for "The Reaper" Kurt Sauer. But Doan.

The Long Walk. Look it up.

A pitcher's ERA is easy:

Using only two 2's and any combination of mathematical signs, symbols, and functions, can you make 5?

Episodes. I don't really know any of the new shows. I don't really watch TV to be honest; just baseball games. And not really even then, not since the Jays went into panic mode this year and started making retarded trades.

I hate wooden popsicle sticks. They gross me out. I won't put them anywhere near my mouth.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Parker wrote:I hate wooden popsicle sticks. They gross me out. I won't put them anywhere near my mouth.
:lol: My wife has the same thing. I tell her I should keep some around so I can end arguments that much quicker.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Parker wrote:Using only two 2's and any combination of mathematical signs, symbols, and functions, can you make 5?
Not counting exponents, I'll go with 0.2/0.2^2.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Bub(NYR) wrote: :lol: My wife has the same thing. I tell her I should keep some around so I can end arguments that much quicker.
The weird thing is that I'm totally okay with toothpicks.
Parker

Post by Parker »

AvsGM wrote:Not counting exponents, I'll go with 0.2/0.2^2.
Only 2's. 0.2 is not 2.

EDIT: My bad for not being more specific: you can only use the value 2, rather than the digit 2.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Are you allowing constants like pi? Cause that makes it too easy. Otherwise I've run out of operators.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

The answer to Parker's math prob must be: (2/2)+2+2=5 ... and this was a pretty easy one to figure out.

To meet with either one of Michael Jordan, Milan Lucic, Joe Bonamassa or The Tragically Hip

Number of championships Michael Jordan won + Number of Tragically Hip studio albums + Milan Lucic's total NHL career goals + Joe Bonamassa's age 20 years ago.

The Big Bang Theory (Bern, fuck Occupation Double... sérieux)

My uncle is a famous businessman here in Quebec. He runs Just For Laughs which is the biggest comedy festival around the world. That's pretty neat.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Calgary.Flames wrote:The answer to Parker's math prob must be: (2/2)+2+2=5 ... and this was a pretty easy one to figure out.
:roll:
Parker

Post by Parker »

That's fine, other than the fact that you used 2 FOUR TIMES.

Constants aren't okay, but any and all functions are.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

√((.2)^-2)
Last edited by CapsGM on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

Femur wrote:3. Create a math problem and make the person under you answer it.[/b]

answer to Tommy's is (usually) 3 (reasoning: the Yankees often get as many as they need...for example, they got credit this year against the Tribe for a ball that was caught by a fan). my question for the next guy is what is 4 X 4 - 4 + 4 X 4 = ? (just saw that on FB, and don't want to "like" to find out answer. hopefully, y'all know it)
Three is only half an inning, it's actually six.

<--- Oh so you think you're so smart Mr. Riddle guy? Shove that riddle up your..
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

CapsGM wrote:√((.2)^-2)
I'd argue that's still the use of an exponent: (.2^-2)^(1/2) Also, 0.2 was banned. 8-)
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

This thread reaffirms my belief that math sucks.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:This thread reaffirms my belief that math sucks.
Adam's view of math != <3
Commish Bub(NYR)

Parker wrote:The weird thing is that I'm totally okay with toothpicks.
So you roll U.L. Washington style:

Return to “The Sports Bar”