NHL '13

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

NHL '13

Post by SharksGM »

Anyone playing it? It's a decent game by EA standards, although the GM Connected mode still leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe some day it will catch up to freeware EHM.
Penguin

Re: NHL '13

Post by Penguin »

I still play 12. Didn't buy 13 and when I play it at friends I don't like the game play, more realistic, but less fun.

I'm big on Fifa 13.
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

NHL 13 SUCKS. Big time. Me and a few of my close friends had one of those EASHL teams that we've played together since 2009 when they first brought it out. By far and away, NHL 13 was the worst game since 09. We all have sold our copies of 13 to either other friends, or like me, I sold mine online. Game is brutal. They fucked up big time and I think they know it since the game is only 19.99 in stores now.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

I think the game is fucken awesome. Fifa is pretty sick as well.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:NHL 13 SUCKS. Big time. Me and a few of my close friends had one of those EASHL teams that we've played together since 2009 when they first brought it out. By far and away, NHL 13 was the worst game since 09. We all have sold our copies of 13 to either other friends, or like me, I sold mine online. Game is brutal. They fucked up big time and I think they know it since the game is only 19.99 in stores now.
Sports games always go on sale midway through the season though.

What don't you like about it? It has shitloads of bugs, but I can't think of anything that's better in '12 than in '13. '13 Is the first one to have reasonably realistic skating.
Montreal Canadiens

It's somewhat realistic but not really, everything is so slow, you can't turn and chase a forward with a defensemen. I just find the players flat out aren't very good. Not good enough to consistently beat goalies anyway. Found everything very inconsistent, although I haven't played it for about 3-4 weeks as I sold it.

Mason Raymond was one of the absolute best players in this game, and coming from a Canucks fan, is a travesty. I would use the Canucks and when Raymond was on the ice, I would literally go end-to-end every single time going untouched since the players are too slow to catch up to him or pivot and skate backwards. I would end up getting a solid scoring chance usually as well.

The GM Connected was a good idea, but the menus were ridiculously slow it almost made it unenjoyable. Took forever to go through the menu's, sign players, trade, or what not. Hopefully fix that for '14 and I might give it one more chance.

I don't think that's true about sports games going on-sale as Madden is still full price and it only came out a month before NHL 13.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I know NHL 12 went on sale a bunch of times, though probably not for $20 this early. Still, unless you want to argue about actual sales figure it's a moot point.

I take it you were playing versus or HUT instead of EASHL? Those game modes pretty well suck, not the least because of EA's dumb player ratings. They did fix the menu loading times for GM Connected a while back so it's playable now, although still very quirky (missing players in the draft due to rights issues; dumb waiver system; extreme injuries).

It has taken a while but the tuners are pretty good now. Most of the glitch goals were fixed and if you're careful to avoid giving up too many breakaways it's far from impossible to shut down speedy players. There are still many things I wish they'd fix but they were pretty much all in '12 and '11 too.

Actually the one thing that was better in '12 was the 'live goalies'. They made it harder to make contact with goalies in '13, but sometimes you give them a light nudge and get called for interference. Other times you can plow them out of their crease and score and not get called. It is a mystery.
Montreal Canadiens

I played everything but HUT. Mostly EASHL and VS. Yeah I might have kept the game and kept trying their weekly new tuner set, but just eventually got frustrated and bored. Even though NHL 12 had a TON of glitches in EASHL, atleast you could still move the puck on day 1 from opening the game.

Have you seen the Hercules check?

Return to “The Sports Bar”