April 12, 2013

GoJetsGo

April 12, 2013

Post by GoJetsGo »

NJ 5 - TOR 0
Shots: 31-19 NJ
PP: NJ - 1/4; TOR - 0/1

12:02 1-0 NJ Evgeni Malkin [33] (Ilya Kovalchuk)
14:27 2-0 NJ Ilya Kovalchuk [51] (Steven Stamkos)PP
------------------------------------------------------------
28:06 3-0 NJ Tim Brent [5] (James Wright, Patrick White)
40:52 4-0 NJ Evgeni Malkin [34] (Steven Stamkos, Ilya Kovalchuk)
50:03 5-0 NJ Mattias Tedenby [34] (Travis Zajac, Marc Staal)

Three stars:
1st: Riku Helnius
2nd: Evgeni Malkin
3rd: Ilya Kovalchuk

Farm result: Albany 5 - Toronto 4

CAR 3 - MTL 1
Shots: 24-22 CAR
PP: CAR - 0/5; MTL - 0/3

11:54 0-1 MTL Andrei Kostitsyn [42] (Marc Savard, Jason Arnott)
30:17 1-1 CAR Zach Boychuk [28] (Casey Borer, Jamie McBain)
46:51 2-1 CAR Matt Cullen [9] (Teemu Pulkkinen, Mikko Koivu)
58:55 3-1 CAR Teemu Pulkkinen [11] (Jamie McBain, Tim Gleason) EN

Three stars:
1st: Teemu Pulkkinen
2nd: Matt Cullen
3rd: Zach Boychuk

Farm result: Charlotte 3 - Hamilton 2

CHI 2 - STL 3
Shots: 23-19 STL
PP: CHI - 0/3; STL - 1/4

no scoring
24:42 0-1 STL John McFarland [29] (Martin St. Louis, Marian Gaborik)PP
28:36 0-2 STL Ryan Spooner [13] (Johan Franzén, Chris Kunitz)
33:57 1-2 CHI Kyle Turris [20] (Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp)
42:49 2-2 CHI Jonathan Toews [41] (Brent Burns, Brian Campbell)
48:06 2-3 STL Colton Gillies [11] (Roman Hamrlik, Johan Franzén)

Three stars:
1st: Johan Franzen
2nd: Ryan Spooner
3rd: John McFarland

Farm result: Rockford 2 - Peoria 3
GoJetsGo

Re: April 12, 2013

Post by GoJetsGo »

Only one more regular season day to go! New Jersey's win over Toronto clinches the 5th seed for the Devils. They'll meet up with the streaking Hurricanes who knocked off the Canadiens this evening. The Orphanues spoil da Hawks bid for the top seed out West.

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip

http://www.ehechockey.com/calendar.html
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

f you carolina. we better get a point tomorrow night

EDIT -

okay what the fuck why did Carey Price play this game?

Clearly in my lines it has Dan Ellis in goal.

Great, thanks. Now Ellis has to go tomorrow night. Great. Just. great.

This should be a re-sim with such a crucial game tomorrow night.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Brad, Tom and Adam are nice enough to sim every fucking night, mistakes happen. If I would take time every night in my regular life to do sims and see a post like that, I'd flip the fuck out and fire you...
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Lol @ Crucial game!
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

AnaheimGM

Post by AnaheimGM »

Damn, with this win St-Louis could pick up my playoff spot with a win today.
Femur

Post by Femur »

out coached by an empty chair. most people would blame themselves, but not me. it was those tiny, imaginary sim players that let me down. i just don't know what motivates them....
Montreal Canadiens

Bern, this is a 3 game day, it would take all of 5 minutes to re-do it with Ellis in net so I can put Price in for my final game and not lose a seed. It's a crucial game. Mistakes happen yeah, but fix it.

The game before was a "mistake" putting Dan Ellis in net, so this is back-to-back "mistakes."

If this isn't rectified, it's bullshit. What on earth makes you make a decision (in your head) to switch out my goaltenders is absurd.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Holy shit Brad, do yourself a favor and look up empathy in a dictionary.
Most recent file here.
Montreal Canadiens

Empathy is the capacity to recognize emotions that are being experienced by another sentient or fictional being. One may need to have a certain amount of empathy before being able to experience accurate sympathy or compassion
How does that relate to anything here?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:
Empathy is the capacity to recognize emotions that are being experienced by another sentient or fictional being. One may need to have a certain amount of empathy before being able to experience accurate sympathy or compassion
How does that relate to anything here?
Put yourself in Tommy's shoes. Its been long season where he has covered half the load of simulating, hes trying to enforce the rulebook, and hes a human being. He's not getting paid for this, and mistakes are bound to happen. Instead of being a champ and biting the (small) bullet, your completly focused on how this is effects YOU.

Furthermore, is how your choosing your words and tone going to help your case? Throwing a temper tantrum and playing the victim card isn't going to get people to listen to you, let alone consider re-doing an entire simulation.
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

What exactly is stopping you from starting Price again tonight?
Montreal Canadiens

Well usually goalies have low END and get shelled on a back-to-back.

Yes, Justin, mistakes happen, but this is two in a row in a 1 point difference between me and WSH.

I don't get how the mistake happened either, which is why I don't have your "empathy" he went and edited my lineup. For what reason? That isn't a simple mistake. Doesn't make any sense to me, and he hasn't answered how Price got in the net either which is even further frustrating me.

I feel I deserve an explanation???
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

The only thing you deserve is a slap in the face for having such a BS attitude.
Montreal Canadiens

Why am I getting shit on here? Any one of us would be upset if our starting line-up was altered....like wtf kinda drugs are you guys on. Stop pretending.

What's the point in sending in lines if they aren't used....?
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

You're playing Toronto.
Dude, calm down!

:?
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Some of us - err, almost all of us - would have more class and tact than what you've shown if we were put into this situation.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Bruins_GM wrote:Some of us - err, almost all of us - would have more class and tact than what you've shown if we were put into this situation.
This.

The way you handled it was absolute shit.
Femur

Post by Femur »

i am only wading into this controversy to ask questions; i am not hating on anyone.

Brad: how do you know someone "changed" your goaltender out after it was entered properly in the system?
Montreal Canadiens

Well I uploaded my lines and it had Dan Ellis starting. I even double, triple checked it. So, somehow, Carey Price got into the starting role. My lines were inputted because I made a couple of changes, and everything else was inputted except Ellis switched out for Price and I'm still awaiting on how that happened by "Accident."

I realize it's Toronto, but, that isn't the point. Could easily lose that game now. Then what? Or, what if I lost the FLA game because for some reason Carey Price was pulled?|

I let the one "mistake" go but this is TWICE in a row that things were messed up with no explanation for this one. There's no excuse. Simming isn't a difficult job. I did it for 7+ years. I know exactly what it takes.

What else you supposed to do in this situation? I've asked 4 or 5 times now what happened and there is no response. To me, that's "Absolute shit."
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

And how did you react when someone bitched you out for a mistake?
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:Why am I getting shit on here? Any one of us would be upset if our starting line-up was altered....like wtf kinda drugs are you guys on. Stop pretending.

What's the point in sending in lines if they aren't used....?
Your lines were used, I only started Price [after entering lines] because the previous thread you questioned why Ellis started. Adam mentioned two games left, two games to start Price. I knew all you needed was a point to clinch the #2 seed. After running the Carolina game, I realized why Ellis was slated to start last night. Betting on Price in that final game against Toronto.

Let me be clear, *Obama voice* I'm not trying to screw you out of seeding. Look at the game above. A couple of New Jersey regulation stumbles and poof I'm alive for the five seed.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:I let the one "mistake" go but this is TWICE in a row that things were messed up with no explanation for this one. There's no excuse. Simming isn't a difficult job. I did it for 7+ years. I know exactly what it takes.

What else you supposed to do in this situation? I've asked 4 or 5 times now what happened and there is no response. To me, that's "Absolute shit."
Here's what you should have done:

Asked Tommy what happened, wait for an answer and then responded after receiving one. Tommy might have apologized if you hadn't been such a dick.

What you did was freak the fuck out and, with the first sentence I quoted there, act like an entitled prick. In the second sentence you complain about not receiving a response as to what happened within what, 24 hours? What the fuck do you think this is, a service you pay money for so you can bitch out the staff? Every thread with you turns into a lesson on basic social skills and your lack thereof.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

And whoever walks a furlong without sympathy walks to his
own funeral drest in his shroud,
And I or you pocketless of a dime may purchase the pick of
the earth,
And to glance with an eye or show a bean in its pod
confounds the learning of all times,
And there is no trade or employment but the young man
following it may become a hero,
And there is no object so soft but it makes a hub for the
wheel'd universe,
And I say to any man or woman, Let your soul stand cool
and composed before a million universes.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:Simming isn't a difficult job. I did it for 7+ years. I know exactly what it takes.
Good. Then you have plenty of experience for when you have to create your own league to continue playing EHM.

This will be your final season in EHEC. You have repeatedly been out of line and the disrespect you've shown to this league, other GMs, and to Tommy in this thread is completely ridiculous and immature. Tommy and I provide an unpaid service. Either you respect that or you don't. Clearly you don't.

Good luck in the playoffs. Your account will be deleted the second your team is eliminated.

This is non-negotiable and you're free to leave any team prior to your team's elimination if you wish to do so.

This is the last I'll speak on this thread.

Also, Tommy re-did the sim. Just for you. He was significantly nicer about it than I would have been.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Montreal Canadiens

I'm on my phone so can't quote but all I have to say to BOS is huh??? What mistake of mine?

And to be honest (directed at Dan) this thread got out of hand with you and everybody and their dog putting their two cents in.

And Adam:

Been there, done my own league for 7 years, it was a lot of fun but don't have the time for it anymore. If you want to remove my account, that's your move but never once have I ever said anything bad about you or Tommy. I questioned why my starting line-up was edited. Pretty legit concern.

Anyway, been fun then and I await my 4 game sweep loss.
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

I'm sure you screwed up once or twice when you were an admin elsewhere - how did other people react to that?

When you bitch and whine in publiclike a 5 year old at the drop of a hat when something goes wrong, and have a shitty attitude where everything good is your doing but everything bad (even your team losing) is someone else's fault, what exactly do you expect to happen?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:I
And to be honest (directed at Dan) this thread got out of hand with you and everybody and their dog putting their two cents in.
Kind of like people posting in (my) trade threads? :P

I'm sad that that the endgame is the league losing a very active GM; I don't think Brad is a bad guy. I mentioned to Dan terms like egocentric, hostile attribution bias, and self regulation; however, I won't go into some long winded post. I don't think Brad means to come across the way he does, I think he has difficulty understanding others point of view and effectively communicating his feelings at times. I'm guilty of this to, I think most people are. While Brad might be an extreme case, relative to the GMs in this league, I hope an alternative outcome can end up happening here.

In addition, I fully support EHEC. I hope this post doesn't cause offence to Adam, Tommy, or the leagues decision making process.
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:And to be honest (directed at Dan) this thread got out of hand with you and everybody and their dog putting their two cents in.
Yeah buddy, it's always someone else's fault, not yours.
Montreal Canadiens

This is what I said :
f you carolina. we better get a point tomorrow night

EDIT -

okay what the fuck why did Carey Price play this game?

Clearly in my lines it has Dan Ellis in goal.

Great, thanks. Now Ellis has to go tomorrow night. Great. Just. great.

This should be a re-sim with such a crucial game tomorrow night.
Then everything hit the fan. There was no direct insult to anybody, it was a pretty calm post. One actual swear word if you want to count that as being insulting or rude, than okay. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the game to be re-simmed at all.
When you bitch and whine in publiclike a 5 year old at the drop of a hat when something goes wrong, and have a shitty attitude where everything good is your doing but everything bad (even your team losing) is someone else's fault, what exactly do you expect to happen?
What in the flying fuck are you talking about? Everything bad is someone else's fault and everything good is my doing?

Return to “2012-2013 EHEC Regular Season”