Gretzky Steps Down

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

Gretzky Steps Down

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Gretzky wanted to get away from the circus before it got even worse.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,191827
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Parker

Re: Gretzky Steps Down

Post by Parker »

Sweet, now I don't have to pay him $8.5M. :D
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

He paid himself $8 million despite having zero experience at his job and went through 4 losing seasons without even a hint of stepping down before this ownership crisis, so I can't say I feel too sorry for him. I doubt any other GM without his credentials as a player would have lasted that long.

Also he was the one who hired Mike Barnett as GM in the first place, so if he wasn't happy with the roster he had... again, his own fault.
Fedz

Post by Fedz »

Can't say I was surprised, the few people down here that do know anything about hockey weren't either.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Just a shame to see it end like that. Quite honestly, it's a shame to see the way everything is going down in Phoenix. I know it's a shitty hockey market and the Winnipeg Jets should still be in existence, but still. The people that actually do care about hockey down there don't deserve it.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Just a shame to see it end like that. Quite honestly, it's a shame to see the way everything is going down in Phoenix. I know it's a shitty hockey market and the Winnipeg Jets should still be in existence, but still. The people that actually do care about hockey down there don't deserve it.
I know this sounds sadistic, but I have no problem admitting I took massive amounts of pleasure/enjoyment of watching footage covering the "rallies" and hearing fans talk about how they don't want to lose the Coyotes. I'm from Winnipeg though, might be a little biased.....:P
Most recent file here.

Return to “The Sports Bar”