Post by LaKings »

its a really good league
i just dont seem to have interest having 2-4 games a week
i feel its a little bit too slow for me

sorry for everything
GM Office Q

Re: Kings quit

Post by GM Office Q »

Its not for everyone, but it is this fact that ultimately will keep this league at the top of the charts. Never will we see create-a-players invading our rosters, and if you need to take a couple of days off, you won't miss much.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

AvsGM wrote:Its not for everyone, but it is this fact that ultimately will keep this league at the top of the charts. Never will we see create-a-players invading our rosters, and if you need to take a couple of days off, you won't miss much.
qft
Most recent file here.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

AvsGM wrote:Its not for everyone, but it is this fact that ultimately will keep this league at the top of the charts. Never will we see create-a-players invading our rosters, and if you need to take a couple of days off, you won't miss much.
This.

Half the fun is rooting for your division rivals to lose on your days off. :D
Bruins

Post by Bruins »

+1
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

Definetly enjoy being able to forget about it for a day or 2 and not missed half the season, :lol: it is very easy to keep up to.
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

I completely agree with the above comments, and its exactly why I love the way this league is run. One thing that's kept me away from online leagues is simming 3-7 days at a time, 3 times a week; especially when injuries pop up through the middle of a sim, or situations change.

Personally, I feel this type of schedule makes the games seem more like an event, which I feel makes it more competitive.

It's a shame to see someone leave, but I don't think it will be long before the GM spot is filled.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

I completely agree. Way back when, we didn't have all the other shit to worry about. Relationships, jobs, college, and all the drinking that goes along with those three things.

Now, it's nice to not have to scramble around with multi-day sims and other things of that sort. I feel that this schedule complements most of us perfectly.

I appreciate all of the activity from most of the GMs that we have. We'll have our fair share of turnover, but that solid core that is in place will undoubtedly carry this league.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
DucksGM

Post by DucksGM »

Yah I agree for sure. I don't have time to spend 2-3 hours a day on a sim league. It's nice to be able to check in once every day or two and see how the team is doing. I'm sure it will get more active around key times (deadline/draft) which makes it that more interesting and fun at the time.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”